3Pin 5V to 4Pin 12V RGB Adapter?

2 hours ago, kman261 said:

This seems like it might work for my situation but wanted to get some opinions.  Similar to the darkflash hub I have a case from anidees with a total of  8 fans and LED strips plugged into a hub.  Of course as this is my first build with RGB components I completely missed there are different standards so the hub needs to connect to a three pin 5V on the motherboard and my ASUS x470 Prime has the 12V four pin connectors. 

Sounds like I can plug the 5V connector from my hub that has all fans/LED strips into this converter which can then plug into the 12V four pin connector on the motherboard. 

Am I understanding this correctly? 

sounds about right. keep in mind any 12v rgb stuff pluged in to the deepcool hub pulls power form the mb so your limited to w/e the mb and do (seem to be 3 amps) the 5v pulls from the sata power on the deepcool or w/e you case hub. there probably a limit there but i dont no what it is as deepcool said nothing. seems common to not incude power details of produces for some reason. probly so you buy more hubs, controllers, and rgb strips even thow you don't need to...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Hi I’m building my first pc soon and I am using the dark flash t20 mid tower case black. I am completely new to building pcs and it seems like the case comes with a pre installed 3 pin rgb fan and that’s it. I was looking to buy a 3 pack of recommended fans that go with the case off of amazon that are also 3 pin 5v rated just so I can have more fans instead of just 1 with the pc. However, my mobo only has 1 4 pin 12v rgb header and I have no clue how to approach installing this deepcool 5v to 12v converter, along with the controller that comes with the 3 rgb fan pack by aigo. If anybody can help and let me know if this is at all possible to do with a converter for the fans to go to the mobo please provide clear instructions on how to do so thank you so much! 

Case- DarkFlash T20 Midtower case black

3 Pack RGB Fans- DarkFlash Aurora DR12 Pro 3 pack addressable rgb 120mm fans.

P_20190916_021918_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.246fef348c5445f437c460ae8b6c3850.jpg

On 9/9/2019 at 11:26 PM, thrasher_565 said:

sounds about right. keep in mind any 12v rgb stuff pluged in to the deepcool hub pulls power form the mb so your limited to w/e the mb and do (seem to be 3 amps) the 5v pulls from the sata power on the deepcool or w/e you case hub. there probably a limit there but i dont no what it is as deepcool said nothing. seems common to not incude power details of produces for some reason. probly so you buy more hubs, controllers, and rgb strips even thow you don't need to...

That worked!  Got eight fans plus RGB strips plugged into the anidees controller then to the deepcool converter then to the motherboard.  All can sync up via the asus aura software.  It does treat everything plugged into the converter as a single element and you lose straight white color, but can still use the anidees remote to see effects which are setup for the addressable LED's on the fans/strips.   Can't speak to anything related to overdraw of power since didn't plug anything into the 12v ports on the deepcool device.  But definitely saved hassle of having two separate ways to turn off and on. 

On 9/11/2019 at 12:09 AM, M0GANAT0R said:

Hi I’m building my first pc soon and I am using the dark flash t20 mid tower case black. I am completely new to building pcs and it seems like the case comes with a pre installed 3 pin rgb fan and that’s it. I was looking to buy a 3 pack of recommended fans that go with the case off of amazon that are also 3 pin 5v rated just so I can have more fans instead of just 1 with the pc. However, my mobo only has 1 4 pin 12v rgb header and I have no clue how to approach installing this deepcool 5v to 12v converter, along with the controller that comes with the 3 rgb fan pack by aigo. If anybody can help and let me know if this is at all possible to do with a converter for the fans to go to the mobo please provide clear instructions on how to do so thank you so much! 

Case- DarkFlash T20 Midtower case black

3 Pack RGB Fans- DarkFlash Aurora DR12 Pro 3 pack addressable rgb 120mm fans.

Check the previous page of this thread and the diagrams posted.  It shouldn't be too bad.  Get the deepcool converter and instead of plugging your darkflash controller into the motherboard, plug the three pin into the converter.  the converter has a four-pin output you plug into the motherboard.  I have an ASUS x470 Prime which is Aura compatible and it all syncs up in the Aura software.  Now it just depends on your motherboard and whether it can work with the deepcool device.  I can only speak to the motherboard I have which it did work without issue. 

On 6/2/2019 at 8:34 AM, kolton2003 said:

Seems the one thing on this planet that could solve my problem is no longer for sale anywhere.

21 hours ago, Sonoran_Gaming said:

Seems the one thing on this planet that could solve my problem is no longer for sale anywhere.

dam son ill sell mine for $1,000,000. there is one other but it cost way more.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Solarity-Tech-ArrRGB-DAC-Essential-Bundle/372697341481?hash=item56c67e1e29:m:mADEzp4iBu7b7mW_fSMy4bg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

21 hours ago, Sonoran_Gaming said:

I may have found the solution! Though, im a bit sceptical. Moving soon so I can't buy it to try it as it won't arrive before i leave. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-1-to-10-RGB-Fan-Hub-Controller-4Pin-12-5V-for-Computer-Motherboard/174033184671?hash=item28852fa79f:m:mP7V2wYqYsczi1FuU49wqSA

this is 12v only or 5v only not both at once.

Edited by thrasher_565

1 minute ago, Sonoran_Gaming said:

Thats a whole lot of no. Lol

dam looks like there in stock now....

On 9/23/2019 at 5:57 PM, thrasher_565 said:

this is 12v only or 5v only not both at once.

The output is still 4 pin for both, so it wouldn't work to plug 3 pins into this than into a 4 pin on the MB?

1 minute ago, Sonoran_Gaming said:

The output is still 4 pin for both, so it wouldn't work to plug 3 pins into this than into a 4 pin on the MB?

ya can use a 4 pin on a 3 pin just don't connect a 5v device to a 12v mb header. or in this case if you have a 5v device on the hub only use 5v on it and pull 5v form the mb. same with the 4pin 12v device on the hub only use 12v on the hub and 12v from the mb header. dont mix it!

the deepcool convertor gos form 4pin 12v rgb mb header to 5v argb device. looks like there in stock now.

7 minutes ago, Sonoran_Gaming said:

if the device has a 2+1 connector then no it wont plug in. but if you attach a 4pin to the 2+1 then to the hub it work. or you could just cut the pins out and convert the 4pin hub in to 3 pin. or just buy a 3pin hub....

On 9/26/2019 at 10:02 PM, thrasher_565 said:

if the device has a 2+1 connector then no it wont plug in. but if you attach a 4pin to the 2+1 then to the hub it work. or you could just cut the pins out and convert the 4pin hub in to 3 pin. or just buy a 3pin hub....

Thanks

On 7/31/2019 at 10:55 AM, Zeiryu said:

Can someone please confirm for me whether or not the DEEPCOOL Convertor actually works and how well it works if it does indeed work. My only other option at this point seems to be the ROG Aura Terminal, and not only is it stupid expensive, but it also doesn't exactly have the greatest reviews.

It works great but, it make ADDRGB act like analogue RGB so no rainbows. Still better than not working at all. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I stumbled upon this thread because I have a similar issue with addressable vs non-addressable RGB. My case is Phantex ECLIPSE P350X and my motherboard is Asus B450F Gaming. The case has addressable RGB built-in, but the motherboard only supports non-addressable RGB (4-pin). 

So when I saw the DeepCool adapter which was linked in this topic, I thought I'd give it a shot to see if I can sync my case RGB with my ASUS Aura Sync ecosystem. 

I connected the adapter accorging to the attached image:

1 - Into the motherboard's 4-pin non-addressable RGB header

2 - Into SATA power from the PSU

3 - Case RGB connector (3-pin addressable RGB)

4 - Here I plugged in 2 daisy-chained non-addressable RGB strips (4 pin 12V)

The non-addressable RGB strips work flawlessly (as before when they were connected directly to the motherboard's RGB header).

The problem is with the case's addressable RGB. This DeppCool convertor doesn't seem to "convert" the 12V non-addressable signal quite correctly to the 5V addressble RGB.

I control the RGB with the Asus Aura software.

1) When I set it to solid color RED (255, 0, 0), GREEN (0, 255, 0) or BLUE (0, 0, 255) it works fine.

2) When I set it to mixture of the 3 main colors (0, 255, 255) or (255, 0, 255) etc, it mostly works fine.

3) But some combinations of colors just dont work. For example if I set it to (0, 255, 100), the color flickers between two different shades of the blue-ish green color.

4) Some other colors also flicker, but between two completely different colors. For example (255, 32, 0) flickers between orange-red color and a shade of violet. 

5) This flickering effect is also not always the same, if I restart the computer the flickering from two different colors turns into flickering between two shades of the same color, for example. Or the flickering even stops. The effect varies greatly from time to time.

Now the issue described above is when the color is set to static. This means that If I use any other effect (breathing, rainbow etc.), there is always flickering involved, because most of the colors I set are flickering. Even if solid red is working fine, if I set to breathing red, there is flickering in between. I tried to capture this on video, but unfortunately it's just impossible to capture and show you the flickering. It's happening too fast I guess...

And the problem is only with the addressable case RGB. The non-addressable strip I have connected to the same DeepCool adapter works perfectly fine, no issue whatsoever. 

So the bottom line is I am now limited only to like 10 static colors and I cannot use any effects (even simple breathing), if I want to sync my case RGB with the rest of the system.

You could say it's better than before when I had to sync it manualy, but still it's a shame that I am limited to this extent.

My question is for the ones who also bought this adapter: Have you experienced similar issues to the one described above, or it just simply works for you?

img.jpg

9 hours ago, Dzhimen said:

Hey guys. I stumbled upon this thread because I have a similar issue with addressable vs non-addressable RGB. My case is Phantex ECLIPSE P350X and my motherboard is Asus B450F Gaming. The case has addressable RGB built-in, but the motherboard only supports non-addressable RGB (4-pin). 

So when I saw the DeepCool adapter which was linked in this topic, I thought I'd give it a shot to see if I can sync my case RGB with my ASUS Aura Sync ecosystem. 

The non-addressable RGB strips work flawlessly (as before when they were connected directly to the motherboard's RGB header).

The problem is with the case's addressable RGB. This DeppCool convertor doesn't seem to "convert" the 12V non-addressable signal quite correctly to the 5V addressble RGB.

1) When I set it to solid color RED (255, 0, 0), GREEN (0, 255, 0) or BLUE (0, 0, 255) it works fine.

2) When I set it to mixture of the 3 main colors (0, 255, 255) or (255, 0, 255) etc, it mostly works fine.

3) But some combinations of colors just dont work. For example if I set it to (0, 255, 100), the color flickers between two different shades of the blue-ish green color.

4) Some other colors also flicker, but between two completely different colors. For example (255, 32, 0) flickers between orange-red color and a shade of violet. 

5) This flickering effect is also not always the same, if I restart the computer the flickering from two different colors turns into flickering between two shades of the same color, for example. Or the flickering even stops. The effect varies greatly from time to time.

Now the issue described above is when the color is set to static. This means that If I use any other effect (breathing, rainbow etc.), there is always flickering involved, because most of the colors I set are flickering. Even if solid red is working fine, if I set to breathing red, there is flickering in between. I tried to capture this on video, but unfortunately it's just impossible to capture and show you the flickering. It's happening too fast I guess...

And the problem is only with the addressable case RGB. The non-addressable strip I have connected to the same DeepCool adapter works perfectly fine, no issue whatsoever. 

So the bottom line is I am now limited only to like 10 static colors and I cannot use any effects (even simple breathing), if I want to sync my case RGB with the rest of the system.

You could say it's better than before when I had to sync it manualy, but still it's a shame that I am limited to this extent.

My question is for the ones who also bought this adapter: Have you experienced similar issues to the one described above, or it just simply works for you?

img.jpg

it wont convert 12 rgb to argb signal. it will make your argb like rgb. if you dont have an argb header your you have to use another controller.

That's what I want. I would like to convert my case aRGB to normal 12V RGB, just to sync up with everything else in my system.I don't need the addressable part.

This adapter sorta does that, but there are some weird issues with flickering. And I was just wondering if It's just me (maybe faulty adapter) or others have experienced a similar issue. Some people in this thread are stating that it "just simply works", so I wanted to know what exactly this means... ?

On 11/3/2019 at 11:48 AM, Dzhimen said:

img.jpg

Hey, I have the exact same issue except my static doesn't even work. LEDs arent on at all when on static. And everything else just flickers... Did you ever figure out the issue? 

On 9/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, Diaconox said:

The Darkflash adapter also worked and works, everything is perfect.

Now if they deign to send me the connectors I finish the Barrows system with the transparent rigid tubes with UV liquid inside.

Unfortunately I can not synchronize the power supply and the graphics card (for now) but I will find a way.

Thank you very much for your help

V.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed.jpg

I also have a darkflash controller and deepcool adapter but dont work for me 

Can u help me

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to connect more then one argb device on this deepcool adapter?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Hi guys, I made the mistake to buy the antec prism 140 argb fan because it was cheap, so I can't have rgb because my b450 motherboard don't have Argb connection, so as I searched I found that I have to buy a rgb controller, could you suggest me what to buy? for this.... https://antec.com/product/cooling/prizm-120-argb.php