ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless-N very slow

zach13_

Hello, i got a ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless-N for christmas but when i installed it the speed was very bad i'm getting around 10m/s when i have fiber with 100m/s. I have tried to fix setting ect. but nothing has worked. My room is about 7 meters away from the router. As soon as i open a website the speed goes down to 5 m/s. If any of you have a idea/fix of what is happening and how i can fix it please give me a solution.

specs:

gpu: gt 1030

cpu: i7 2600

psu: dont know the name but it's 600 watt

motherboard: Dell 6D7TR OptiPlex 990 Mini-Tower Socket LGA1155 Motherboard - 06D7TR

ram: 8 gb

7 hours ago, zach13_ said:

Hello, i got a ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless-N for christmas but when i installed it the speed was very bad i'm getting around 10m/s when i have fiber with 100m/s. I have tried to fix setting ect. but nothing has worked. My room is about 7 meters away from the router. As soon as i open a website the speed goes down to 5 m/s. If any of you have a idea/fix of what is happening and how i can fix it please give me a solution.

specs:

gpu: gt 1030

cpu: i7 2600

psu: dont know the name but it's 600 watt

motherboard: Dell 6D7TR OptiPlex 990 Mini-Tower Socket LGA1155 Motherboard - 06D7TR

ram: 8 gb

Are your measurements in MegaBYTES per second or MegaBIT per second? That makes the difference. 100 Mbps is equivalent to 12.5 Megabytes per second. So if you have 100 Mbps internet and are getting 10 Megabytes per second, then your pretty close to full speed. Keep in mind that ISP's advertise Megabits and software like steam uses Bytes. 

Also, you have a signal band wireless N card. That means it only operates on 2.4 Ghz, which is susceptible to lots of interference. Such as Microwave ovens, Bluetooth, other WiFi networks in the area, etc. On top of the fact the card is rated for 150Mbps, in realistic terms your looking at probably 2/3 of that speed. If you have an Android devices you can install WiFi analyzer on it and see what kind a signal strength you have and what other networks are in the area, as well as which of the 11 channels is best to use. Keep in mind that some times you can be toooooooo close to your router and it can cause poor signal. It has to deal with out omni direction antennas broadcast the signal. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.