Help regarding PCIe Slots and Cable.

Qayzan

Hey everyone. Just like what the title suggest , I need help with either my PCIEx16 slot or the PCIe power cable that has to be inserted to my GTX 1060. 

Before this , I had a GTX 1050 and while I was playing , the wireless adapter’s wire came into contact with the GTX 1050 board and I knew about it cause I smelled a burning smell. I immediately switched off my pc and went to investigate. I tried to switch on my PC again but there was no display. I then went to open up the PC and look at the issue. Since a GTX 1050 does not require a PCIe cable , I assumed it was the fault of the GTX 1050 as the fans were not spinning. The next day , I bought a GTX 1060 6gb to fix the issue. However , when I plugged it in and see if the fan was moving even after connecting the PCIe cable , it did not move. I gave up at this point. The next day , I was looking around the PC to see what could be the problem. Apparently , the PCIe slot has dots and some of the dots are not aligned. So I tried to aligned the dots again but to no avail , the fans still did not move.
However , I inserted the PCIe cable but very gently and not fully and the fan started moving. Windows was able to boot but an error popped up , “Please Power Down and Insert PCIe cables to GRaphics Card”. Now I have no idea what to do. Any help?

Can you send pics.

What do you mean "dots" (pics please).

You might have damaged the PCIe connection. Other cards may not work in that slot. Hopefully you did not fry your motherboard too.

Try a different PCIe slot. Make sure to plug in the power cables all the way. You can plug them in before you plug the card into the slot.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

might actually be a bad psu

It’s a Coolermaster 500W PSU and a recommended PSU for a GTX 1060 is around 350-400w.

5 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

Can you send pics.

You might have damaged the PCIe connection. Other cards may not work in that slot. Hopefully you did not fry your motherboard too.

Try a different PCIe slot. Make sure to plug in the power cables all the way. You can plug them in before you plug the card into the slot.

Unfortunately I only have one PCIe Slot. The dots aka the connections in the PCIe Slot . Hold on lemme get the pics.

22 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

Can you send pics.

1FDDFDAB-E232-48A6-B3BD-DFD12ED3AED8.jpeg

56CEF08D-3934-4832-8271-A42DC8C00CFA.jpeg

B4B46DF4-45CC-47A3-B591-C29072ED504A.jpeg

2F889C95-3914-4D3C-B92C-F36C3269434D.jpeg