Moving windows from hdd to sdd

zedsdeath

Hello everyone I just bought a ssd for my laptop and replaced the optical drive for the ssd in a caddy and I want to move my os to that ssd. Ive read a little bit about and it seems that paragon software might do it but the thing that has me thinking about it is that my hdd is 1 TB and the ssd is just 120gb(I know its enough for the OS) but I just dont know if there is any software that can just copy the os to the sdd?.

If that doesnt work how do I transfer my windows key to a clean installation on the ssd?

2 minutes ago, TheShawnMiranda said:

If your laptop came with Windows preinstalled, just download Windows Media Creation Tool, leave the settings as is and create an installation flash drive. If the installer asks for a key, click the skip button and when you boot it'll detect that your laptops board already has a key registered to it and it will apply the same one.

Yes it did come with windows. Thanks I will try that

On 12/25/2018 at 12:16 AM, TheShawnMiranda said:

If your laptop came with Windows preinstalled, just download Windows Media Creation Tool, leave the settings as is and create an installation flash drive. If the installer asks for a key, click the skip button and when you boot it'll detect that your laptops board already has a key registered to it and it will apply the same one.

So it would be similar to installing a new windows? umm how would that "transfer" my OS to the ssd? sorry I havent use windows media creation tool ever. Im a little bit worried about losing data