Rad fans to mobo headers or AIO fan connector?

I have the Ryuo 240 and in the BIOS I can't view the RPMs or change the speeds of the rad fans because they're connected to the Y connector from the Ryuo pump. So I connected them directly to the RAD1A_FAN and RAD1B_FAN headers on the motherboard. Now I can control the curve and see the RPMs in the BIOS. So is this something that is recommended or should I connect them back to the Y connector?

I don't know if the fans are dependent on liquid temp in this cooler or go by CPU temp.

If I were to leave them connected to the Y connectors my guess is the Ryuo would control the speeds via AI suite. Is that correct? I don't have my OS installed yet so I can't test this out. What takes priority BIOS or software monitoring?

so long as you can tie the fan speeds to the liquid temp (NOT THE CPU TEMP), it doesn't matter where they are connected.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Thats what I would like to find out. Can the motherboard (Maximus XI Extreme) read the liquid temps from this AIO if the fans are connected to RAD1A_FAN and RAD1B_FAN headers? The Ryuo is connected to the CPU_FAN. From my understanding this only controls the speed of the pump. I can hear the pump speed increase if I change the CPU fan curve in the BIOS.

3 hours ago, DigitalPixel said:

Thats what I would like to find out. Can the motherboard (Maximus XI Extreme) read the liquid temps from this AIO if the fans are connected to RAD1A_FAN and RAD1B_FAN headers? The Ryuo is connected to the CPU_FAN. From my understanding this only controls the speed of the pump. I can hear the pump speed increase if I change the CPU fan curve in the BIOS.

well that's what the USB cable is for... so the software knows what the liquid temp is. so it can issue speed control commands to the fans. from the pump connectors.

i mean, i donno why you would use the motherboard headers in this instance.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

The only reason was so I can see the RPMs and adjust the fan curve in the BIOS.

9 minutes ago, DigitalPixel said:

The only reason was so I can see the RPMs and adjust the fan curve in the BIOS.

Why BIOS? Seems like added work...

System specs: