How to recover data from merged SD card?

Laniakea

I had a SD card which was merged with my phone's storage and after an unfortunate event now SD card is formatted and information is lost to me. It had extv file system if I'm not wrong but help me I don't know anything :(

If you format it, the data's gone. I mean, you can try sending it off to a data recovery expert, but I somehow doubt that will do anything.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If you format it, the data's gone. I mean, you can try sending it off to a data recovery expert, but I somehow doubt that will do anything.

Even if I didn't format it was merged with phone so nothing could see it... Help.

Just now, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

Even if I didn't format it was merged with phone so nothing could see it... Help.

If you really care about the photos, send it off to a data recovery expert.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

9 minutes ago, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

You can make a image of the drive and try something like photorec on it.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

step 0 is take it out and stop using it, if you're intending to send it to data recovery companies

(also prepare for a large bill. sorry)

:( 

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can make a image of the drive and try something like photorec on it.

How to do this? With ADB or something becasuse I don't have any card readers or something.

Just now, VegetableStu said:

actually, as mentioned try photorec on a PC first. just in case. do not write anything to the SD card (maybe pull the write protect switch to the lock position)

How do I plug the SD into pc? I only have phones to do that.

So you accidentally formated it?

1.stop using it

2.use data recovery software such as easus data recovery <--saved my life before

PS: DO NOT RECOVER THE DATA TO THE SDCARD AS IT WILL OVERWRITE THE DATA THAT IS STILL IN THERE AND WILL MAKE IT EVEN HARDER TO RECOVER.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

How do I plug the SD into pc? I only have phones to do that.

Use an adapter/sd card reader

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Just now, Hiya! said:

Use an adapter/sd card reader

Okay I guess we're gonna talk again after I find one of those :D

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

have you done step 0 yet? do you have access to a PC or laptop?

I'm on PC with no SD card readers. I only have my phone I can plug the SD into.

Just now, LOLLIPOPSJSJSJ said:

Okay I guess we're gonna talk again after I find one of those :D

Roger that, Just don't use the card for now. Or the data will be harder to recover.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]