How do I increase vram on AMD ryzen 5 2400g to 2gb on an Asus Prime B350-Plus motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by Majestic,

This is not how it works. You really want to set that number as low as possible. By claiming 2GB or more, you hurt yourself in memory capacity for other tasks when not using the GPU in gaming etc, as it will not use this claimed volume for anything other than the GPU. The way Windows' memory Heuristics works is that it always selects the fastest memory pool available. Whenever your pooled VRAM runs out, it will go to whatever is left available, which is more system memory. It's only when you have too little system memory that you can sometimes see some benefit of increasing this number, as it will start fileswapping designated VRAM to the harddrive less significantly.

Just go into the BIOS and leave it at 256MB or something. More then plenty for Windows Desktop.

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 2400g which supports 2gb of vram, but in my Task Manager it tells me that I only have 1gb of vram. I have looked in the manual for my motherboard online forums and tried to find something in the bios on my motherboard but could not find anything. 
Thank You for helping

2 minutes ago, sillypenguin213 said:

What motherboard are you using?

I am using an Asus Prime B350-Plus  

This is not how it works. You really want to set that number as low as possible. By claiming 2GB or more, you hurt yourself in memory capacity for other tasks when not using the GPU in gaming etc, as it will not use this claimed volume for anything other than the GPU. The way Windows' memory Heuristics works is that it always selects the fastest memory pool available. Whenever your pooled VRAM runs out, it will go to whatever is left available, which is more system memory. It's only when you have too little system memory that you can sometimes see some benefit of increasing this number, as it will start fileswapping designated VRAM to the harddrive less significantly.

Just go into the BIOS and leave it at 256MB or something. More then plenty for Windows Desktop.

14 minutes ago, Majestic said:

The thing is that that in my Task-Manager it tells me I have access to 6.9gb of RAM and under the GPU tab it says I have 1gb of VRAM, but I have two 4gb ram sticks.

14 minutes ago, Frakterius said:

The thing is that that in my Task-Manager it tells me I have access to 6.9gb of RAM and under the GPU tab it says I have 1gb of VRAM, but I have two 4gb ram sticks.

7+1 =?

You do realise that iGPU's use system memory, right?

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

7+1 =?

You do realise that iGPU's use system memory, right?

?‍♂️ sorry...

2 hours ago, Frakterius said:

?‍♂️ sorry...

I'm assuming from the 8GB this is a single stick of RAM? Just know that single-channel you won't really get the most performance out of those chips whilst gaming.

And 8GB to share doesn't leave much to be desired either. If you can squeeze it, put another dimm of 8GB in there.