MSI B450 Gaming Pro AC problems

Hey all,

Just got a msi b450 board and put a 2600 in with 8 pin power and left the 4 pin without a plug.

I looked up if i needed the 4 pin for normal use so that i could boot but it said that i only needed the 8 pin

I tried both a 2600 and a 1600 with no luck.

Is there a problem with the motherboard at this point? or am i missing something?

Yes you should only need the 8pin CPU power the extra 4pin isn't really necessary, otherwise what else can you tell me that's not enough information 

8 minutes ago, Nogghan said:

Yes you should only need the 8pin CPU power the extra 4pin isn't really necessary, otherwise what else can you tell me that's not enough information 

well it's just posting, on the ez debug thing, it's stuck on CPU and i know the 2600 does work since i tried it on my b350 board. so i guess i'm just stuck on what to do next

6 minutes ago, grillechese said:

well it's just posting, on the ez debug thing, it's stuck on CPU and i know the 2600 does work since i tried it on my b350 board. so i guess i'm just stuck on what to do next

I have an MSI B450 gaming pro and it does the same with 2 ryzen 3 2200g I've gotten 

Just now, Nogghan said:

I have an MSI B450 gaming pro and it does the same with 2 ryzen 3 2200g I've gotten 

then would you have any ideas on getting it to post?

On 12/23/2018 at 10:18 PM, grillechese said:

then would you have any ideas on getting it to post?

i bought a new motherboard the gigabyte aorus gaming pro wifi B450, and it worked just fine in that board, it also looks nicer than the MSI board i had

Sounds like you got a bad mobo to me.  BUT, just in case, have you tried clearing the CMOS yet?  Can you get into the BIOS?  If so, have you tried flashing to the most current version?