Mobo replacement heatsink

WhoWhat

Is there a website anywhere that sells heatsinks for mobo's? My asus rampage 3 forumla doesn't have one, so im stuck trying to jerry rig one? Is there hope for me? @Zando Bob you might be able to help like always buddy. 

10 minutes ago, campy said:

You mean the entire assembly from the chipset to the VRM coolers?

That might be a bit difficult to find something made for it or get something made for it. But you can get away with some alternatives, the easiest would be a standalone chipset cooler + a bunch of stick on VRM Heatsinks with some airflow over them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Evercool-NCA-610EA-North-Bridge-Heatpipe-Chipset-Cooler-with-3-pin-connector/302490663132

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-TO-220-Silver-Heatsink-Heat-Sink-for-Voltage-Regulator-or-MOSFET/253940131279

Would those fit though? Or would i just be wasting money. And yes whole assembly if possible

2 minutes ago, campy said:

You wont find the whole assembly unless someone is specifically selling it, and i doubt youre going to find the cooler for a fairly rare motherboard on ebay any time soon. Then again you never know, ive found some weirdly specific stuff on ebay.

That specific chipset cooler mounts to pretty much anything with a 2 hole mounting solution, you can move the bracket along those 3 holes on each side, and screw it down on the rails it has at any point along its length.

The mosfet coolers should fit on any standard mosfets, if not, just get some flat bottomed stick on ones and use those.

The only full solution i can find currently is a waterblock

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Koolance-MB-ASM3E-Full-Water-Cooling-Block-for-ASUS-ROG-Maximus-III-Extreme-M3E/123077387908

Which from what ive read online about it, is compatible with pretty much all the similar boards from Asus.

Ight, and the first 2 links? Is that all i need to have a "complete assembly" and i also need a south bridge heatsink now that i realize its missing as well. 

1 minute ago, campy said:

Yeah, those tiny tower coolers should fit on any chip on the board that has a two hole mount.

The little mosfet heatsinks should fit easily over the existing components, though make sure you point at fan at them or something, they wont be as good at cooling as the original heatsink with its larger fin array and heatpipe without direct airflow.

With that kind of cooling installed it will get the board in a state thats safe to run without board heat problems.

Alright thanks for the help

Like @campy said the generic heatsinks are probs the best bet. Unless someone has a broken Rampage III Formula and is specifically selling that heatsink setup it'll be impossible to find. If you could track down a monoblock that might work, but IDK if any were even made for that mobo and then you'd need a custom loop.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, campy said:

Yeah, those tiny tower coolers should fit on any chip on the board that has a two hole mount.

The little mosfet heatsinks should fit easily over the existing components, though make sure you point at fan at them or something, they wont be as good at cooling as the original heatsink with its larger fin array and heatpipe without direct airflow.

With that kind of cooling installed it will get the board in a state thats safe to run without board heat problems.

@Zando Bob have any bigger or higher quality mosfet heatsinks that would? Or is that the best you can find. 

13 hours ago, WhoWhat said:

@Zando Bob have any bigger or higher quality mosfet heatsinks that would? Or is that the best you can find. 

Here's a broken, for parts only Rampage III Formula for $50: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-Rampage-IIl-Formula-computer-Motherboard-FOR-PART-AS-IS/283270418109?hash=item41f43b8ebd:g:m4AAAOSwa3lb9Jgk:rk:2:pf:0

Could get that and then pull the heatsinks, other than that it's just looking for generic VRM/North Bridge heatsinks and sticking them on. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch