Fresh Install of Windows

Klwdie

Can someone explain how to go through the process of reinstalling windows, I have the media installation tool from the last time I did it (not sure if its something I need to update or not though) and I know how to set the bootdrive to the USB but other than that I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, Klwdie said:

Can someone explain how to go through the process of reinstalling windows, I have the media installation tool from the last time I did it (not sure if its something I need to update or not though) and I know how to set the bootdrive to the USB but other than that I'm not sure.

Just insert the flashdrive with the install tool on it, boot from the flashdrive, follow the onscreen instructions.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Just insert the flashdrive with the install tool on it, boot from the flashdrive, follow the onscreen instructions.

I'm not installing it for the first time, I'm RE installing it

Just now, Klwdie said:

I'm not installing it for the first time, I'm RE installing it

The same stuff applies.  Since you are doing a reinstall, you will have the option of deleting the existing partitions and then recreating them so that your system is all up to snuff.

Reinstallations can be taken care of from within Windows 10.

If you're reinstalling windows; you'll be doing the same things you did to install it. Only this time you want to overwrite your current installation (format your storage device.)

Here are a few helpful articles that'll set you on the right path.

https://www.howtogeek.com/133254/beginner-geek-how-to-reinstall-windows-on-your-computer/

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clean-install-windows-2624904

I have 3 questions
Is resetting your pc within windows less effective than using the media installation tool?
Is there any place I can back up my 600 GB of information (from my hdd not my ssd (boot) or will I have to buy a new drive?
Will this wipe my HDD as well and if not how do I go about doing that (windows on my ssd is linked in some ways to my hdd through directories.)