Morality questioned by Pirates

xiamandrewx
Message added by SansVarnic

Just as a reminder, discussing piracy is one thing but if anyone starts including information on how to commit piracy, this thread will be cleaned and locked. Be mindful to stay on topic dont derail the thread with flame bait.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:44 AM, D13H4RD said:

I stopped pirating long ago. I felt that there was no real reason to these days. 

The only exception? When finding a legitimate copy is literally impossible, and even then, it's rare since I keep my legitimate copies. 

I dislike piracy, but I dislike stuff like G2A even more. 

Good luck finding something legit for a fair price when at your region. LONG LONG RANT HERE ...

<Video Link Removed>

Sneaky beaky like ...

CPU Core i5 3 GHz Motherboard H110M GRENADE RAM 8 GB GPU GTX 1060 MSI Case MSI Infinity Series Storage 256 GB SSD 600p Intel Series + 2 GB Seagate Display(s) 32" 1440p Q3279WG5B Cooling Silent Storm 3, Silent System Keyboard MSI DS4200 Gaming Mouse MSI Interceptor D5 Sound Bloody G300 Operating System Windwos 10

32 minutes ago, aigars2 said:

Good luck finding something legit for a fair price when at your region. LONG LONG RANT HERE ...

This is especially true for Turkey.

Since you have the legitimate copy in the first place and it isn't working. I'd say it's up to you. Nothing wrong in morality sense to me, since you have a legitimate copy in the first place. If you're sharing the copy, then that's a different story.

I will only caution you to be careful of downloading files; your PC can be easily be infected.

I only pirated stuff I had bought anyway because

1) sometimes pirated copy is easier to mod (Mass Effect 3 comes to mind)

2) Origin makes it really hard for me to enjoy some content with that language locked bullshit. For those of you who don't know - if you are in a non-English speaking country then no matter what, if the game you buy has been translated, you can only get the translated copy; if you are lucky, it's still English audio with your native subtitles, if not then it's fully dubbed and often with tragic results.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

10 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

I only pirated stuff I had bought anyway because

1) sometimes pirated copy is easier to mod (Mass Effect 3 comes to mind)

2) Origin makes it really hard for me to enjoy some content with that language locked bullshit. For those of you who don't know - if you are in a non-English speaking country then no matter what, if the game you buy has been translated, you can only get the translated copy; if you are lucky, it's still English audio with your native subtitles, if not then it's fully dubbed and often with tragic results.

That sounds very stupid...

9 hours ago, aigars2 said:

Especially for legendary games. 

You know people are going to mark those up when there's demand for them. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1