locked out of iPad

I haven’t use my iPad in 2 or 3 days, so I couldn’t use touch id to open it, I have to put in my pin, which I forgot.

I tried like 10 times what I thought it was, but now it is disabled for an hour.

So how do I reset it?

I tried that DFU mode, I tried restore and update. But it said, itunes could not connect to this ipad because it is locked with a passcode.

Dumbass I know that. Why are they telling me something that I already know.

The I put it in recovery mode. It said, the ipad could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible.

Why do Apple even ask you for your passcode? The whole point of touch id is so that we don’t have to use a password.

With all of our pin codes that we have to remember, credit cards, phones, tablets, computers.

Just now, lordbaal said:

Why do Apple even ask you for your passcode?

To keep your device(s) secure.

This link should help you: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204306

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

24 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

To keep your device(s) secure.

This link should help you: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204306

What’s more secure then your own fingerprint? A 4-6 digit code? 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

What’s more secure then your own fingerprint? A 4-6 digit code? 

It's like if you don't use if for 1 or 2 days, they require your passcode in order for you to use your fingerprints again.

Fn Apple. I did the restore with the iTunes app from the Windows store. That didn't work.

I uninstalled that, and downloaded it for Apple's site. Redid the restore. And that worked.

Maybe because the Windows app version doesn't have an option to check for updates.

8 minutes ago, lordbaal said:

It's like if you don't use if for 1 or 2 days, they require your passcode in order for you to use your fingerprints again.

Same as rebooting your iPhone tho. I mean one side is having a sort of 2FA security but other side is being bloody annoying ??

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Same as rebooting your iPhone tho. I mean one side is having a sort of 2FA security but other side is being bloody annoying ??

It's 1 thing to have good security., It's annoying to have it get in the way.

4 hours ago, lordbaal said:

Imagine if a robber got his hands on your iPad. Do you want it to be easy for him to break into your photos and shit. No, right?

So don't blame Apple for your stupidity, remember your passcode.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

22 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

Imagine if a robber got his hands on your iPad. Do you want it to be easy for him to break into your photos and shit. No, right?

So don't blame Apple for your stupidity, remember your passcode.

I am talking about having to use a pin, when it already have your fingerprints.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, lordbaal said:

Good security will always "get in the way." It's supposed to make it harder to access the device in order to protect your information...

3 hours ago, rf9661 said:

Good security will always "get in the way." It's supposed to make it harder to access the device in order to protect your information...

But like I already, it already has my finger print.

2 hours ago, lordbaal said:

and you have a passcode as a backup, that's the point. For example, say the fingerprint reader stops working, which is not all that hard to imagine, how are you going to unlock your device? and even if you sent it off to have the fingerprint reader replaced, you'll still be in the same situation since the new sensor wont have your fingerprint and you'll still need to unlock the device with your passcode and set up touch ID again

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

13 hours ago, lordbaal said:

And if you have an accident and that disfigures the pattern on your finger? Do you want to be locked out of your iPad? Or the finger print reader stops working?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

12 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

And if you have an accident and that disfigures the pattern on your finger? Do you want to be locked out of your iPad? Or the finger print reader stops working?

You still don't understand. I did not say anything about not having a backup.

I am talking about needing to use your password when it has your fingerprint and the finger print reader works just fine.