Good FPS Offline Bad FPS Online GTA V

CraziiNebby
Go to solution Solved by RAM555789,
Just now, CraziiNebby said:

I'm looking to upgrade to 16gb of RAM early next year (March time) is there any specific ram that's good for Ryzen that's decently priced?

Well ideally you want higher rated RAM, around 3000Mhz would be good. Beyond that its all about what brand you want, and the amount your willing to pay. Some less mainstream RAMs like Vulcan are pretty cheap at $99.99 right now, while something more mainstream like Corsair RGB is going to run you $119.99. They both run the same speed and both are reliable RAMs, the only real difference is name of brand and in some cases RGB. 

Hello, I have been playing GTA V and when I'm on Single Player I average around 80fp on Very High Settings however, when on GTA Online my fps sits around 50-60 which isn't really ideal my specs are:

Ryzen 1600 3.4ghz

GTX 1070

8gb Dual Channel 2400mhz RAM

CX750

RAM is most likely holding you back with your current setup. Upping to 16GB should make a very noticeable difference. 

2 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

RAM is most likely holding you back with your current setup. Upping to 16GB should make a very noticeable difference. 

I'm looking to upgrade to 16gb of RAM early next year (March time) is there any specific ram that's good for Ryzen that's decently priced?

Just now, CraziiNebby said:

Well ideally you want higher rated RAM, around 3000Mhz would be good. Beyond that its all about what brand you want, and the amount your willing to pay. Some less mainstream RAMs like Vulcan are pretty cheap at $99.99 right now, while something more mainstream like Corsair RGB is going to run you $119.99. They both run the same speed and both are reliable RAMs, the only real difference is name of brand and in some cases RGB. 

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

Yeah I've seen RGB RAM go for stupid prices lol, I'll check out some of the less mainstream brands like you said Vulcan when I go to buy some! Thanks for the help!