Can PSU Issues Disrupt my USB Ports?

Greetings.

About a month ago, I started experiencing issues with random USB disconnects/reconnects in all of my ports for my keyboard and PS4 gamepad. The peripherals in question would disconnect for a few seconds, and reconnect automatically (though sometimes the keyboard would disconnect permanently, and I had to run it through ports to get it working again. 

At the time, I chalked it up to my old (7+ years) components, which were an i5 3540 CPU, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and an old z77 mobo. However, I upgraded a few days ago to a ryzen 5 2600, 16GB DDR4 3000, and a TUF X470-PLUS Gaming mobo. However, the issues still persist. If anything, they're worse than ever: Instead of disconnecting and reconnecting, the keyboard randomly gets stuck and repeats the same character until it reconnects. Typing out this post is a huge hassle.

I've tested my peripherals on my wife's laptop and they work just fine, so the issue is definitely with my PC. So now my question is the following: Do different peripherals have different power requirements? This issue never seems to affect my mouse (Razer Naga Chroma), so I'm guessing that it requires less power(?). Also, given that I replaced everything except the PSU and GPU (a 600W EVGA unit and a GTX 1060 6GB, respectively), could the increased power requirements of this rig somehow worsen the issue if it is, indeed, due to a faulty PSU?

Thanks in advance!

PS: The PSU is about  5 years old.

UPDATE: I just tested writing an article with my keyboard lights off and encountered no issues. Afterward, I tried writing another, but this time with all my other peripherals plugged in and encountered no errors. Lastly, I tried once again with the lights on and the problems immediately came back. Does this suggest a problem with my keyboard, or with the PSU? I checked all the lines in the BIOS, and all the voltages are within the accepted ranges.