Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Computer crashing after installing the Sapphire RX590

Chippyz
 Share

So when I start a game, at random times between 15-30 mins the GPU just crashes. Nothing is being displayed, and I'm having glitch/loop sound. The computer is still on, all the fans are spinning including the GPU. And I have to press hard reset button on my computer and then it boots normally. Temperatures are normal for the GPU(at idle: 30-40, gaming: 65-75), for the CPU(gaming: 45-60). My old card was HD7950 and it was running without any problems. I tried using wattman to set the power limit to -50% and it did not crash and it was working normally but what's the point in limiting the GPU by 50%

 

Specs:

Motherboard: GA-H97-D3H

CPU: i-5 4460

GPU: Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+ SE

PSU: Thermaltake 630W Smart

RAM: HyperX 8GB 1660MHz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you uninstalled the older drivers with ddu before installing the new drivers? Are you using the newest drivers? Is the card new or used?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Did you uninstalled the older drivers with ddu before installing the new drivers? Are you using the newest drivers? Is the card new or used?

The card came out from AMD last month(so new obviously). I am on a fresh install of windows so no need for ddu.

Also I tried using different drivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can get it to work by power limiting the GPU, clearly the PSU is incapable of providing sufficient power. Sounds like the PCIe power circuitry reaches OCP?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you haven't used ddu when swapping between testing with different drivers do so (saying this just as a precaution, not implying you didn't do it), and if possible borrow a good 550w< psu (more w is better) from a friend and try it out, if that's not possible you could try undervolting and underclocking the card to see if it still crashes, though this isn't nearly as an accurate test as using a different psu, so if possible do that. It sounds like a power problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this GPU needs 6pin and 8pin connector and my PSU only has it like this:

 

Untitled.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

If you haven't used ddu when swapping between testing with different drivers do so (saying this just as a precaution, not implying you didn't do it), and if possible borrow a good 550w< psu (more w is better) from a friend and try it out, if that's not possible you could try undervolting and underclocking the card to see if it still crashes, though this isn't nearly as an accurate test as using a different psu, so if possible do that. It sounds like a power problem.

Yeah I said in the thread, I limited the power to -50% and now I'm not crashing and I don't know anyone with a decent PSU that can borrow it, most people around here have either crappy PSUs or a old/bad computer overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Chippyz said:

Yeah I said in the thread, I limited the power to -50% and now I'm not crashing and I don't know anyone with a decent PSU that can borrow it, most people around here have either crappy PSUs or a old/bad computer overall.

Sorry i missed that part, honestly considering its new i also think that its your psu not delivering enough power, and that is a really odd way of binding connectors... especially separating the two pin connectors from the 6 pin connectors like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Zagna said:

If you can get it to work by power limiting the GPU, clearly the PSU is incapable of providing sufficient power. Sounds like the PCIe power circuitry reaches OCP?

Since it's probably a PSU issue, can you recommend me a good PSU?

In my country I can't find EVGA,XFX,Corsair...

So only these brands:

Antec,Seasonic,FSP,Cooler Master,Chieftec,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zagna said:

You can look through there.

Which would be a minimum tier to look for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chippyz said:

Which would be a minimum tier to look for?

I would go for tier B 550W but tier C would be enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Zagna said:

I would go for tier B 550W but tier C would be enough.

Would you recommend seasonic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chippyz said:

Would you recommend seasonic?

Depends on the actual model but Seasonic is quite reliable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

I was testing before when I underclocked and it was fine. I tried it again now and I crashed. I don't know what to do at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2018 at 3:24 PM, Zagna said:

Depends on the actual model but Seasonic is quite reliable.

Got a new PSU, still happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2018 at 6:29 AM, Chippyz said:

So when I start a game, at random times between 15-30 mins the GPU just crashes. Nothing is being displayed, and I'm having glitch/loop sound. The computer is still on, all the fans are spinning including the GPU. And I have to press hard reset button on my computer and then it boots normally. Temperatures are normal for the GPU(at idle: 30-40, gaming: 65-75), for the CPU(gaming: 45-60). My old card was HD7950 and it was running without any problems. I tried using wattman to set the power limit to -50% and it did not crash and it was working normally but what's the point in limiting the GPU by 50%

 

Specs:

Motherboard: GA-H97-D3H

CPU: i-5 4460

GPU: Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+ SE

PSU: Thermaltake 630W Smart

RAM: HyperX 8GB 1660MHz

Did you install tri-xxx software. I had a problem where I was getting micro-stutters and random crashes, no overclocks. I uninstalled sapphire tri-xxx software and never had a problem since. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got this card yesterday and I'm coming up with the same issue, except that no sounds will play. Any game I play can only be ran for no longer than about 15 minutes before my monitors go black and I need to restart my pc. I've ran DDU multiple times, tried different driver versions, turned up the fans, checked the card and slot and checked my 6 and 8 pin.

 

All of my parts are new and only a month old, except the PSU but it's been sitting in it's unopened box for a while until recently. I previously had an EVGA 1050 TI SSC in the system which was used for about 2 years.

 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 w/ Stock Cooler

MOBO: Asus ROG B450-F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB C16 16gb (8gb x 2) @ 3000Mhz

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 8gb SE

PSU: EVGA 600W 80+ White

 

I have dual Dell SE2417HG's at 60hz. One is using an HDMI cable while the other has an adapter from VGA to DVI-D, but will soon be another HDMI.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem...

Ac Odyssey crashed a few times randomly. Sometimes only the game did, but most of the times -> Blackscreen: no Signal with PC staying on doing nothing. 

After pressing the reset button it restarts with 100% gpu fan speed until its fully booted.

If im trying to do 3d mark fire Strike or Time spy, after just 3 to 5 minutes it crashes. Same with underclocked settings, 18.12.2 and 18.12.3 driver. Also in both bios modes of the card. Tried uninstalling TRixx... didn`t help, too.

 

Specs: 

Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

MOBO: Msi b450 tomahawk

Ram: G skill Ripjaws V 3200 16gb (2X 8

GPU: Sapphire rx590 nitro+ SE

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 with be quiet! pure rock cooler

PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W 

Storage: M.2 WD Black nvme 500gb

 

All parts are completely new and put together 3 weeks ago

Anything new how to solve this?

 

Edit: On power limit -50% everything runs fine, both benchmarks dont crash. Back to stock, same result every time. 

Does anybody know which psu i can buy to test?

 

Next strange thing is that my psu is already Tier B. If i look up the specs of my psu it has 574w combined 12v. More than enough.

The first 12v vga cable wich i connected to my 8pin, has max of 32A multiplied by 12v results in  384w.

The second 12v has a max of 28A which results in 336w. 

I really dont know why it doesnt work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem. Started happening after i bought gpu. 

Sapphire RX590 nitro+SE

Thermaltake litepower 650W

Gigabyte 970a-d3

FX 8320 @4GHz

4+4+8 1600 mhz vengeance ram

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Im from serbia, same problem here too.. Spent 2 weeks trying to figure out whats wrong with my brand new PC...
Sapphire RX 590 nitro+ SE
Seasonic focus plus 750w
Gigabyte B450M S2H

hyperx fury 2x8 gb 2400 mhz

amd ryzen 5 2600

any of you guys solved this problem? It works for me too if i set power limit to -50% but then i only get 1000 mhz from gpu clock... and thats unacceptable.. any of you successfully RMA ur card ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2019 at 5:03 AM, Dacha NineFive said:

Im from serbia, same problem here too.. Spent 2 weeks trying to figure out whats wrong with my brand new PC...
Sapphire RX 590 nitro+ SE
Seasonic focus plus 750w
Gigabyte B450M S2H

hyperx fury 2x8 gb 2400 mhz

amd ryzen 5 2600

any of you guys solved this problem? It works for me too if i set power limit to -50% but then i only get 1000 mhz from gpu clock... and thats unacceptable.. any of you successfully RMA ur card ?

Hey, I know it's kind of late. It was an HDMI to VGA adapter however, getting rid of it didn't completely fix the issue but it works much better. I guess these cards have a problem maybe? PS. It's not the PSU so if you have the same problem it's probably not that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, thanks a lot for answering me. Could you please tell me what you mean by this "getting rid of it didn't completely fix the issue but it works much better" so you still get restarts?? just after more time or what? 
I still want to return my card since it shouldn't have this problem... PS. first and last time i buy card from ATI and not nvidia.. NEVER AGAIN i say! :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've connected my PC with TV that has HDMI socket, no adapters needed.. its been working for 2 h and seems to be stable.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dacha NineFive said:

I've connected my PC with TV that has HDMI socket, no adapters needed.. its been working for 2 h and seems to be stable.. 

It only happens when it has big changes like turning off and on a game on fullscreen a lot (I'm able to play a game for multiple hours). But yeah. Where did you buy the card from, which store?

I always had an AMD gpu and never had these problems before, my old HD 7950 was working flawless. Also since I have a really old configuration it might be that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×