Does MSI Afterburner and EVGA XOC Conflict?

_Hustler_One_

Hi everyone..

I'm having my system runs both GPU software, MSI Afterburner and EVGA XOC, because I swapped several time my GPU between MSI and EVGA to see which GPU runs with better temps inside my ITX case and leave their software are still installed in the system. Will they conflict each other?

So far they set at default, and in last 2 days, sometimes I hear random shorty small beep from motherboard I guess or from any other components I'm not so sure, and the monitor sometime is blinking black display randomly. My early guess is the DP cable is the problem behind the blinking display, then I suspect that both software conflicts each other, or maybe another problem that I can't spot.

Could someone help me figure this random small beep and blinking display?

Thanks in advance..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

They wouldn't conflict if you have both set to a certain settings but only for a second before one is considered default. Would be easier to not run both at the same time. Or just use one as there isn't a point unless its some specific card and you feel the need to use it. 

The manual normally says what the beeps are for. Cant really say what the display issue is without more details overall.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

They wouldn't conflict if you have both set to a certain settings but only for a second before one is considered default. Would be easier to not run both at the same time. Or just use one as there isn't a point unless its some specific card and you feel the need to use it. 

The manual normally says what the beeps are for. Cant really say what the display issue is without more details overall.

I tried search about beeping issue, most of them says that it's a motherboard beep code for certain issue. It's a low/small short single beep sound, cant find it on my motherboard manual. The display blink si my monitor randomly goes black or without display for 1-3 seconds before it back on to normal display.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Just now, _Hustler_One_ said:

I tried search about beeping issue, most of them says that it's a motherboard beep code for certain issue. It's a low/small short single beep sound, cant find it on my motherboard manual. The display blink si my monitor randomly goes black or without display for 1-3 seconds before it back on to normal display.

Well is it the normal post beep that most pcs would do if they still had a speaker on it? Can you just disconnect yours?
Are you still running all the gpu control programs or are you on just one? Are the drivers being reinstalled each time when cards are swapping? Have you tried another cable or type?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

29 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Well is it the normal post beep that most pcs would do if they still had a speaker on it? Can you just disconnect yours?
Are you still running all the gpu control programs or are you on just one? Are the drivers being reinstalled each time when cards are swapping? Have you tried another cable or type?

~ The motherboard is MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC ITX, and doesn't have that small dedicated speaker plugged, it's built in I guess.

~ Both software are running, the driver is no longer the issue, I DDU the driver when I swapped them. I use a DP cable currently and no spare DP cable, the other cable I have is HDMI but I don't like it because it can't deliver the full potential of the GPU and monitor.

~ The beep sound sometimes gone completely for quite long period but sometimes reappears randomly along with the blinking display.

~ Currently I'm disabling each one of them alternately one by one to see if the issue is gone, so far is fine, but I want to see if the issue reappears after long period.

~ Should I clear CMOS?

Which software is better between these 2?

Basically, after have some experience on using both software, I like the Afterburner much more than Precision XOC. Is Afterburner alone can be paired with EVGA GPUs without problem so I can uninstall the XOC, or are they must to be paired to their own GPU respectively like Afterburner must to be used for MSI GPUs and XOC must to be used for EVGA GPUs?

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

The software is the same. Unless you have a unique card. Like the evga one with all the sensors in it to see the temps. Ive  always used precision x as its giving me the least amount of issues and I prefer the overlay. One isn't really better over the other.

I assume you have a 4k monitor then or some super high refresh rate. And the point of trying another cable is for trouble shooting. Unless the hassle of actually trying something else out weighs the monitor issue. 

The bios should be able to turn off the speaker if its built in. But a quick google search suggests it has to do with power delivery, mainly the gpu reaching a certain threshold.

8 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

The software is the same. Unless you have a unique card. Like the evga one with all the sensors in it to see the temps. Ive  always used precision x as its giving me the least amount of issues and I prefer the overlay. One isn't really better over the other.

I assume you have a 4k monitor then or some super high refresh rate. And the point of trying another cable is for trouble shooting. Unless the hassle of actually trying something else out weighs the monitor issue. 

The bios should be able to turn off the speaker if its built in. But a quick google search suggests it has to do with power delivery, mainly the gpu reaching a certain threshold.

The monitor is 1080p 144Hz, the DP cable allows me to get 90-135 FPS in game I play, depend on VSync utilization.

The setting on both software are at default, factory setting. I'm not cleared enough by "GPU reaching a certain threshold" thing, please educate me..

Should I clear CMOS?

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

5 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

The monitor is 1080p 144Hz, the DP cable allows me to get 90-135 FPS in game I play, depend on VSync utilization.

The setting on both software are at default, factory setting. I'm not cleared enough by "GPU reaching a certain threshold" thing, please educate me..

Should I clear CMOS?

Should still be able to use hdmi assuming it supports 2.0. But like I said this is called trouble shooting for a reason. 

One guy stated that the gpu reaching 93% or higher on the power would cause the mobo beep. Watching your system and seeing when it beeps could help you narrow down the reason. 

Could clear the cmos but not having any idea as to why it beeps, cant say it would do anything.

6 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Should still be able to use hdmi assuming it supports 2.0. But like I said this is called trouble shooting for a reason. 

One guy stated that the gpu reaching 93% or higher on the power would cause the mobo beep. Watching your system and seeing when it beeps could help you narrow down the reason. 

Could clear the cmos but not having any idea as to why it beeps, cant say it would do anything.

This issue started since 2 days ago, while my GPU load were always around 98-99% while gaming without these issue before since I built it, but in last 2 days it bugs me.. Despite that high load, the temps is good, low 70C on CPU and low 60C on GPU with that 99% load on it.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

11 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

This issue started since 2 days ago, while my GPU load were always around 98-99% while gaming without these issue before since I built it, but in last 2 days it bugs me.. Despite that high load, the temps is good, low 70C on CPU and low 60C on GPU with that 99% load on it.

Well I can’t say. You’d have to do the research or contact the manufacturer. 

Or find the correlation between the system and when it beeps. 

What about the temps of the everything else along with voltages?