Gamdias Aeolus 1204r confusing

Reeper771

I bought these new case fans for my setup. The Gamdias Aeolus 1204r, is there any software for the fans and cpu liquid cooler also gamdias. I tried to understand the manual but there is no details, pictures and directions wise. It has aura sync so it's compatible with my Asus, in here lies the first issue. My mother board's RGB Header has 4 pins but the one that is on the cables for the fans controller box, it had 3 ??▪️?in that sequence, so please suggestions on how to fix this issue. 

After I set up everything, I booted up, they run and light up but they controlled by the remote with the effects and such. They both dont want to work at all, any ideas or tips??? 

It sounds like you rgb need a 5v header and your motherboard has a 12v header.

It was confusing and frusterating for me too. 

What motherboard do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm having the same issue with my Aeolus 1205R fans. I personally have an Asus B350-F STRIX Gaming motherboard. What kind of adapter did you have to buy narrdarr?

7 hours ago, BDR911 said:

Hi! I'm having the same issue with my Aeolus 1205R fans. I personally have an Asus B350-F STRIX Gaming motherboard. What kind of adapter did you have to buy narrdarr?

i didn't buy an adapter. i just didn't use the rgb device.

your fan are not able to connect to that motherboard, but i believe that you controller should work without it connected to the motherboard. just (MB) Motherboard sync wont work on the controller.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 10:38 PM, narrdarr said:

i didn't buy an adapter. i just didn't use the rgb device.

your fan are not able to connect to that motherboard, but i believe that you controller should work without it connected to the motherboard. just (MB) Motherboard sync wont work on the controller.

Thanks. I ended up just using the RGB controller box it came with, but I'm kind of bummed I cant get it to work with the AURA RGB. Turns out it's 3-pin addressable while my motherboard is 4-pin 5050 RGB =/