How to connect LED strip to MB?

ch3w2oy

Both are technically 3 pin so it's hard to find a clarification on this as one is a fake 4 pin 3 pin wannabe.

Trying to buy these Phanteks RGB strips.

How do I connect THIS:

ds.jpg.b8834f93ac2e7e6331d436d5969ace84.jpg

To THIS:

dsa.thumb.jpg.7642337db2582b7bb6ed7c2bc05cfaf5.jpg

THANK YOU! ?

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Probably with the included adapter that is listed under "Specs".

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

5 minutes ago, airdeano said:

That's 12v. I want to use the 5v Addressable 3 pin header that requires a 4 pin connector but only uses 3 pins. Or am i missing something?

7 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Somehow I don't follow, please elaborate. There's nothing in the specs that helps me understand that I can go from the "4" pin addressable header that only uses 3 pins and Phanteks adapter looks like it only uses "3" pin connections which have only 3 pins but not 4 where only 3 are used, as is on my motherboard.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

you wont with that lighting strip. it is already a digital LED kit (DRGB) as the controller is case bound.

the addressable isn't incorporated in that lighting kit.

Just now, airdeano said:

you wont with that lighting strip. it is already a digital LED kit (DRGB) as the controller is case bound.

So I need the starter kit? That will work with the addressable header?

16 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

9 minutes ago, airdeano said:

Okay, so like @bowrilla said about the specs, it says it has an adapter (+5,DATA/NA,GND) NA means blank, not available, right? So a "fake" 4 pin that's 3 pin, right? But none of the cables I see in the pics show that connection. I just wanna make sure before I buy them I'm getting the right thing..

dasfa.thumb.jpg.e6619385a26d936d959872bcaef849d5.jpg

9 minutes ago, airdeano said:

That's not what Phanteks says. The strip itself is addressable. 

You either need their DRGB controller hub OR a compatible DRGB motherboard.

12 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Somehow I don't follow, please elaborate. There's nothing in the specs that helps me understand that I can go from the "4" pin addressable header that only uses 3 pins and Phanteks adapter looks like it only uses "3" pin connections which have only 3 pins but not 4 where only 3 are used, as is on my motherboard.

See "Specs" -> "Content":

2x 400mm Strip 
1x Extension 
1x M/B RGB Adapter 
4x 3M Strip Stickers

The M/B RGB Adapter should give you the right spacing for MB DRGB header. The extension cable is made for Phanteks Controller.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

3 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Okay, so like @bowrilla said about the specs, it says it has an adapter (+5,DATA/NA,GND) NA means blank, not available, right? So a "fake" 4 pin that's 3 pin, right? But none of the cables I see in the pics show that connection. I just wanna make sure before I buy them I'm getting the right thing..

dasfa.thumb.jpg.e6619385a26d936d959872bcaef849d5.jpg

See also FAQ: http://www.phanteks.com/FAQ.html#DRGB

Think I'm just gonna rock with it. Works on his MB and it's the same addressable connector I have, so..I guess they're just not showing it in the pictures.

Thanks for the help guys!

Maybe this will help someone else.

fdsa.thumb.jpg.e01d594f70099b80b865d72cdb197617.jpg