Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

mobo doesnt like new gpu? post code 0d and such weirdness

so Im on a x79 mobo, an msi xpower II with a 3820. for some reason it wont flash new bios, wont take the 4920k I tried to upgrade to and now doenst like the 980ti i just tried to stick in it. works just fine with the 680gtx i have in it now thus im typing you guys. but MSI customer service is almost impossible to navigate without IT level information on the board which of course i dont have. do I need to start saving pennies for a new build or mobo? can i punch the BIOS in the nads and get it to work? I got the new GPU to give a little output but it wouldnt get to Bios. just a code B2 and normal beeps by flipping the bios switch. but still nada

Have you tried using the Clear CMOS header, marked JBAT1, to clear the CMOS? You would do this while the system is powered off - just short the two pins together with a jumper or a flat-head screwdriver, whichever one you have.

Student of Computer Science, programming aficionado, has thrown a few builds together

18 minutes ago, monotron said:

Have you tried using the Clear CMOS header, marked JBAT1, to clear the CMOS? You would do this while the system is powered off - just short the two pins together with a jumper or a flat-head screwdriver, whichever one you have.

just tried it, didnt seem to affect it. i also just hit the clear cmos button on the back just for laughs. no help