New PC Build Black Screen / Won't Power

rpshissl

So, I just assembled my brand new computer. I fire it up for the first time and nothing shows up on my monitor. I try in both the graphics card and MoBo. Nothing. Notice the red CPU LED on the MoBo. It indicates there's an issue with the CPU. I re-seat it and fire the system back up... only this time nothing. Nothing happens. I suspect I have a faulty power supply. Could this have been causing problem with the CPU or is that another issue?

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/pRKzgw
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/pRKzgw/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($428.50 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($185.00 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($154.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($117.95 @ shopRBC) 
Storage: Western Digital - WD Blue 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($369.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($1079.99 @ Memory Express) 
Case: Corsair - Air 740 ATX Full Tower Case  ($189.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($108.75 @ Vuugo) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Total: $3095.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-22 17:19 EST-0500

1 minute ago, rpshissl said:

I try in both the graphics card and MoBo. Nothing. Notice the red CPU LED on the MoBo. It indicates there's an issue with the CPU. I re-seat it and fire the system back up... only this time nothing. Nothing happens. I suspect I have a faulty power supply. Could this have been causing problem with the CPU or is that another issue?

Do any of the components of your system happen to be used or used by you for a different application although with issue/s? I think that there is a problem with your system and the link of power to the processor if you are sure that the light is indicating an issue with power delivery to the processor. Try checking the connections to the power supply and for any damaged wires. It is also possible that the motherboard is the problem. What I would do would be to try using different power connectors and seeing if that would fix the issue, do you tend to notice issues with the power that is in your building's wiring as that could have damaged the power supply and in that case I would replace the necessary component/s (the power supply could have taken other components if it failed) and get the wiring fixed and a surge protector or unit which can regulate voltage installed between the power source and the connection going to your system?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

What exactly do you mean by "Nothing happens."? Does literally nothing happen? If so, and this feels really dumb to ask, but I guess it's worth a shot, did you switch the power supply on again?

Also, are all of the components properly seated?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

23 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

What exactly do you mean by "Nothing happens."? Does literally nothing happen? If so, and this feels really dumb to ask, but I guess it's worth a shot, did you switch the power supply on again?

Also, are all of the components properly seated?

I mean literally nothing happens. No power to anything. And yes I switched it back on. And off again. Then back on again.

I reseated the RAM, GPU, and CPU... I didn't try a different CPU power cable. I can try that... but that only works if there's any power at all.

29 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Do any of the components of your system happen to be used or used by you for a different application although with issue/s? I think that there is a problem with your system and the link of power to the processor if you are sure that the light is indicating an issue with power delivery to the processor. Try checking the connections to the power supply and for any damaged wires. It is also possible that the motherboard is the problem. What I would do would be to try using different power connectors and seeing if that would fix the issue, do you tend to notice issues with the power that is in your building's wiring as that could have damaged the power supply and in that case I would replace the necessary component/s (the power supply could have taken other components if it failed) and get the wiring fixed and a surge protector or unit which can regulate voltage installed between the power source and the connection going to your system?

Everything is new. There are no known power issues in my building. 

I'm not certain the light is indicating a power issue. This is what the manual says:

23) CPU/DRAM/VGA/BOOT (Status LEDs) The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet