Constant Game Crash (2080 system)

DanielDenmark

Hopefully someone out there can help me here, ´cause I am out of ideas of what could be causing my issue besides a bad GPU. ?

SPECS:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390, BIOS-Version: 0602

CPU: 8086K (not overclocked yet)

GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC - 8GB GDDR6 RAM

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 LED Desktop Memory

PSU: Corsair RM 850x

DRIVE: Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB - NVME PCIe M.2

So, to start everything bootednicely , and windows installed with no issues. All hardware was recognized and I installed all the newest drivers needed using the dedicated software. 

When i finally got around to game, every game i started crashed within a short time (10 Sec - 1 min). First I tried to play BFV, but this was one the fastest to crash. just playing around in the main menu, the game would suddenly freeze ande then crash. If i got around to actually play there would be green/red/blu artifacts randomly on the screen, and all movement would glitch and such.

I started off thinking that something was overheating, so I monitered usage through task manager, and temps and clocks through HWiNFO64. Everything looked smooth here and the when something crashed GPU temps were around 50 degrees celsius and my CPU around 55. 

I then though it might be lack of power going to the GPU but didn´t see anything out of the ordinary in HWiNFO. 

I had custom CABLEMOD cables going to the GPU (Matching the PSU), and thought it might be a corrupt connector, So I tried the stock cables that came with the PSU. This didn´t change anything.

Lastly I put in my old GPU and it was able to run CSGO with no crashes (Low settings). BFV was impossible to even play with it. An old 2GB xfx GPU from 2011 :P

What I got around to thinking here was that this must be a bad GPU, so I contacted NVIDIA´s support to confirm, which they did. BUUUUUUUTTTTT. They were only able to get my specs and driver versions.

Want to hear if anyone else here as experienced this with the 2080, or am I missing something important here. Have build several PC´s, but that doesn´t make me a genius ?

Appreciate your oppinion on this matter before i start packaging the GPU and sending it back for a replacement.

Daniel