New to pc gaming and finding friends

SeanyBee90

Hi there, 

I'm less then two weeks away from building my first ever rig, exciting times! 

Only thing is most of my friends are on PlayStation, where is the best place to hook up and find friends online? now before some of you start asking "we'll why did you come away from PlayStation then!?" I think as most of us on here are pretty big fans of pc gaming and what it stands for you already know the answer ?

5 minutes ago, SeanyBee90 said:

Hi there, 

I'm less then two weeks away from building my first ever rig, exciting times! 

Only thing is most of my friends are on PlayStation, where is the best place to hook up and find friends online? now before some of you start asking "we'll why did you come away from PlayStation then!?" I think as most of us on here are pretty big fans of pc gaming and what it stands for you already know the answer ?

start by playing games and trying to find people you think you can get along with and just see if they want to play, also join discord and join some channels with people that stream, they usually have a "looking for group" or "LFG" channel you can post in and find people to play with 

Well, depending on what games you play it may be easy or more difficult to find a lasting online friend but generaly, you should be able to get to know people just by playing online and actually communicating with the players during the game. Eventually, you will find someone that will like to play with you.

If you are trying to find a friend with which you can share your SinglePlayer experiences... well, that may be more difficult.

Personaly, I find it easier to find people to play with directly in the game. When we get to know each other better then we usually start to play other games together as well.

I built my first rig back in summer and I'm super proud of it. Anyways, I only play with friends I know personally for the most part. You can search for Discord communities or look on Reddit I think though. Good luck building!

• 1 month later...

i play a lot of black ops 4 zombies, tf2, destiny and overwatch if you're into those games. feel free to PM me or reply to this post and add me on discord/steam etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure you got friends on Playstation just the same, but keep that mic on. Communicate with your team. If you're playing a competitive multiplayer game like Apex, PUBG, Fortnite, COD, I would recommend keeping the small talk on the back burner and focus on callouts and the game. Then from that "teamwork" relationship, you can casually build a friendship out of it in between games. I know it sounds real technical and analytical, but it all really comes down to how you and others mesh. Ultimately, have fun!

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive

• 4 weeks later...

Tbh, a lot of online games on PC have clans and the like anyways, so when you get some games, join one of those for people to play with.

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

Art Tablets: UGEE 15.6" Graphics Monitor & XP-Pen 15.6" Display Tablet

On 12/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, Connor_LindTV said:

start by playing games and trying to find people you think you can get along with and just see if they want to play, also join discord and join some channels with people that stream, they usually have a "looking for group" or "LFG" channel you can post in and find people to play with 

i don't think any of us are going to interrogate you about why you changed platforms.

if you play TF2, Overwatch, The Division 1/2, Destiny 2, GTA V, etc (it's a very long list), then you can feel free to shoot me a friend request and we can see if we get along.