please tell me your thoughts ?

Hey everyone ? 

ive recently gotten into pc gaming and I’ve selected all of my parts for my first low priced budget gaming pc. I’m wanting to do a bit of video editing and some fortnite here and there. I’m sure most people on this platform will have a lot more knowledge then I do on pc parts so if I can get everyone’s thoughts on my build it’d be appreciated ?

Parts: ?

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4 3000Mhz

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450m-k

Graphics Card: Sapphire RX550 4gb

Storage: 1TB hard drive (not sure what brand it is I can’t remember off the top of my head)

Power supply: it’s some cheap thermaltake 550w 

How much do you have to spend in terms of budget? Please include your currency too (e.g. Euros, US Dollars)

Depending on your budget you can get better than that since the 2200G and RX550 is definitely not my first choice when video editing.

Plus that cheap 550W PSU concerns me. It's probably a TR2 which means it's probably crap. Get a new PSU, please..

$450 AUD max 

I already have the graphics card, power supply and hard drive from my last computer that was a crap box. All I need to purchase now is the cpu, motherboard and ram 

Just now, Adam A said:

$450 AUD max 

I already have the graphics card, power supply and hard drive from my last computer that was a crap box. All I need to purchase now is the cpu, motherboard and ram 

For 450 it's not a bad system. Just please replace the PSU if you can afford it, old thermaltake PSUs are utter crap.

Yeah thanks heaps man do you have any recommendations on what I should cop? 

15 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Considering you already have the gpu, try and stretch for a 1600 or 2600

I can try the only downside is how much ram and cpu costs in aus for a Ryzen 5 2600 it’s $250

and what are the main differences between the 1600 and the 2600?

1 minute ago, Adam A said:

I can try the only downside is how much ram and cpu costs in aus for a Ryzen 5 2600 it’s $250

and what are the main differences between the 1600 and the 2600?

1600 is a little slower than the and a little more memory dependent than the 2600. Both are pretty good chips though. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P