Monitor Not Producing Image after Game Glitch

Alexb770

Hi,

I started up Battlefield 4 and went AFK for a bit. When I came back, I noticed I had a black screen and, upon Alt+Tabbing, saw that there was a DirectX error message. Alt+F4 wouldn't close the program and I was forced to restart. When my PC booted back up, the monitor produces red, green, blue, white, and black screens in regular intervals. This has been normal for the past several months, but it always produces an image once Windows eventually boots up. Further soft resets and hard restarts haven't fixed the problem, and I think the computer might not even be booting up to Windows (aside from my monitor, the RGB on my mouse is another way for me to tell if Windows is up).

PC specs:

CPU: R7 2700X (stock clocks)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60

Mobo: MSI B350 Gaming Plus

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750W Bronze

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667 MHz

GPU: EVGA 1080Ti SC2

Monitor: Dell S2417DG

Storage: One 1TB HDD and one 2TB HDD

My GPU drivers should be up-to-date as I just recently updated them, unless there has been another driver update after the Battlefield 5 raytracing optimization patch. There was an issue downloading this driver where I had an error message Everytime I started up GeForce Experience, but a YouTube video helped me get that fixed. Not sure if that has anything to do with this problem, but it might be good to know. 

21 minutes ago, Alexb770 said:

EVGA 1080Ti SC2

Sounds like the card died.

Easiest way to tell is put it in a different system and see what happens.

Or swap monitors and see if that makes a difference

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like the card died.

Easiest way to tell is put it in a different system and see what happens.

Or swap monitors and see if that makes a difference

Any idea what could have caused that? Just an FYI, I was still getting an image when I got the DX error message. Also, the card's RGB is still coming on when I boot the PC up. I'll try taking the card to my friend's house later today and test it out on his monitor.

8 minutes ago, Alexb770 said:

Any idea what could have caused that? Just an FYI, I was still getting an image when I got the DX error message. Also, the card's RGB is still coming on when I boot the PC up. I'll try taking the card to my friend's house later today and test it out on his monitor.

Well..could be overheating...

If it works on your friend's machine, then perhaps the power supply isn't able to push enough power to the card. You can unplug everything from within the PC, except the mobo connectors and the video card, and try to power it up, see what happens.

If you get signal, then you might have a failing power supply

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well..could be overheating...

If it works on your friend's machine, then perhaps the power supply isn't able to push enough power to the card. You can unplug everything from within the PC, except the mobo connectors and the video card, and try to power it up, see what happens.

If you get signal, then you might have a failing power supply

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is my power supply. Many people have told me mine is low quality