My Computer just randomly Shuts it self down

Hello Fellow Computer Enthusiast's,

im in great need of help, i did try evrything so far i know and now i try my luck here.

My problem seems to appear that in a certian Computer game I play my Computer just shuts down with no message's at all or even a blue screen to work with. It just shuts down and the fans are still running, even the LED in the case are still on light (Power and Reset Button). Then i get some Pup up sounds in my headphones and thats it.

The Tempretures of my System seems to be Okey (CPU not more then 80° and GPU about 70°)

My System:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 8x 3.5Ghz

GPU: Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 8GB of  Gskill on 1300Mhz

MainBoard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P FX

PSU: 600Watt CoolerMaster Lite

Storage: A 1TB WD Blue

Bios: F1-AMD AGESA OrochiPIV 1.5.0.5 (Source CPU-Z)

IOS: Windows 10 Enterprise 64Bit

Also i noticed today : My Case Front Fan of its LED stopped working, Only when its about to Boot Up for a Secound it Leds completly like it should do but then it dims out.

So this Happens only when i Play World of Tanks somehow, and it does it since... well over 4 Months now... But it just started it frequently more often by now.

Thanks in regards.

2 minutes ago, Screaming Orca said:

Snip

Could be that your motherboard is coming into contact with the case in some way and its shorting out. Also could be the PSU

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

Could be that your motherboard is coming into contact with the case in some way and its shorting out. Also could be the PSU

Well since my PSU is actually pretty new, i think it could be really the Case on it self i guess ?

To add to what mxk. said, make sure your motherboard set screws aren't too tight (I've done that before and had problems). Is WOT the most intensive game you play? Even though your PSU is new, it's possible you still have an issue. The best thing to do would be to use a psu tester. You say your led's in your fans go dim, I really feel like it's something with the PSU here.

1 minute ago, Screaming Orca said:

Well since my PSU is actually pretty new, i think it could be really the Case on it self i guess ?

its not the age of the PSU, its the quality of the PSU. Your PSU isn't the best on the market and probably not ideal, though I doubt this is the cause of the issue. You said you heard popping in your audio so its probably the motherboard shorting out. Make sure its not coming into contact. 

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

To add to what mxk. said, make sure your motherboard set screws aren't too tight (I've done that before and had problems). Is WOT the most intensive game you play? Even though your PSU is new, it's possible you still have an issue. The best thing to do would be to use a psu tester. You say your led's in your fans go dim, I really feel like it's something with the PSU here.

Yes WoT is the most Intensive game i play atm.

What is a PSU Tester ? A programm or something external ?

4 minutes ago, mxk. said:

its not the age of the PSU, its the quality of the PSU. Your PSU isn't the best on the market and probably not ideal, though I doubt this is the cause of the issue. You said you heard popping in your audio so its probably the motherboard shorting out. Make sure its not coming into contact. 

Hm.. but i have the fear that i would even break something more since i did not build my computer by myself. I did let it do a technican. You think they screwd something up ?

2 minutes ago, Screaming Orca said:

Hm.. but i have the fear that i would even break something more since i did not build my computer by myself. I did let it do a technican.

I seriously doubt this situation would happen, but people who "fix" might not be fixing the issue. Easiest way to somewhat verify is open up your system and look at the psu, and use your own judgement to see if it doesn't look normal.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

8 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I seriously doubt this situation would happen, but people who "fix" might not be fixing the issue. Easiest way to somewhat verify is open up your system and look at the psu, and use your own judgement to see if it doesn't look normal.

How do i know when its not looking normal ? For what i should look out for any anormalis ?

How do i know when its not looking normal ? For what i should look out for any anormalis ?

Cables are cut or something? Just make sure everything is plugged in and stuff

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Can you work with this information ?

Unbenannt.PNG

this sounds like more of a hardware, not software issue.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

this sounds like more of a hardware, not software issue.

Because ?

Below shows the info pain we wanna see. Look at them idling, note it, then run WOT and watch the 3.3 12 and 5 volt rails. Try to write down where they are just before the system poops out and report them here.

Capture.PNG

7 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Below shows the info pain we wanna see. Look at them idling, note it, then run WOT and watch the 3.3 12 and 5 volt rails. Try to write down where they are just before the system poops out and report them here.

Capture.PNG

The Programm dosnt show me those things you want to see :(

Are you sure it's not just hidden? That's strange, your motherboard definitely should have the ability to report it.

Did you check inside your pc as mxk. suggested? Make sure the CPU power connector is plugged in snugly, along with the big ol' 24 pin. Then make sure your gpu power is plugged in snug like. Also ensure your ram is seated properly and even the gpu is sittin' pretty in it's slot too. Only other thing I'd do in here is reseat the CPU (you'd need to reapply thermal paste). But since someone else built it for you, maybe have them do that. The other thing to look at is your temps. Are they running really high when you get in the game? 

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Are you sure it's not just hidden? That's strange, your motherboard definitely should have the ability to report it.

Did you check inside your pc as mxk. suggested? Make sure the CPU power connector is plugged in snugly, along with the big ol' 24 pin. Then make sure your gpu power is plugged in snug like. Also ensure your ram is seated properly and even the gpu is sittin' pretty in it's slot too. Only other thing I'd do in here is reseat the CPU (you'd need to reapply thermal paste). But since someone else built it for you, maybe have them do that. The other thing to look at is your temps. Are they running really high when you get in the game? 

As much as i can say, ive opend now my Case and i see nothing touching with anything else, i checked any cables too. Seems for me fine. I could try to take a picture but i got a potato camera on my cheap fake chinese smartphone lol.

The Temps are for me fine aswell, ppl told me it only should shut down by 90-100° but my setup runs at 70-80° when playing games.

And I am pretty sure that evrything sits thight, bcs i recently did put ram in the 1st slot and changed the gpu like about 1-2 months ago from a 660gtx to a 1060gtx. Bcs they do those Click sounds right ?

also i did now do a idle and full run screenshot:

1st idle

2nd gaming

I also should mentiond that the Computer shuts down while playing wot in under 10min OR after like 2h straight game sessions....

I did change the PSU once too and it was on the old one too.So i highly doubt that its the PSU at all. So then some wires might with the front fan on the case causing trubble since i upgreated my CPU and Motherboard ? But i did let it do some computer guys from a Shop, does it say then that they did something on purpose ?

idle.PNG

gaming.PNG

13 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Where i can check it else where then?

Edit: Should i look up in BIOS ?

Edited by Screaming Orca
Idea

49 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Cables are cut or something? Just make sure everything is plugged in and stuff

59 minutes ago, mxk. said:

1 hour ago, mxk. said:

OK, i check all cables, i did soften the motherbard screw now a bit (the where really tighted up for some reason) checked the connection for the fans ( seems like it has to be the way like it is) checked any pin's connections all tight as they should be, and and and... if something happens again, this time the case is open and i might see something even with more care. Ill report asap when i see something new.

Status Update:

I did let now run FurMark CPU and GPU stress tests for over 1h, and its still running.

CPU not going over 80° like it should be.

And GPU is easy Chillin with above 70FPs on 100% Useage and not even hitting more than 72° like it should be.

I dont know anymore what could cause by a specific game (World of Tanks) to do let my Computer randomly anytime shut down.

I think it is really more the Game letting happeng this then my Own Hardware what makes it the most redicules case i ever had in my life.

Maybe try memtest. The one where you boot into it so it can test everything. Just a thought.

2 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Maybe try memtest. The one where you boot into it so it can test everything. Just a thought.

I did run a test, guess what : NOTHING Haha, i can be actually pretty happy about it. bcs now i know that my Computer most be fine, but i never heard of a issue that a Programm or even a Game on itself is able to bring ur Computer to such a stasis of shut down. Im actually over questiond here.

So that means the game it self does something to my Computer right?

Well thats good I suppose. Maybe then there's a driver issue and when shit hits the fan your gpu gets scared and nopes tf outta there.

Thats really all I can think of. Other than the psu not able to deliver enough juice.

Status Update:

-About the dimed out LED in my Case-Fan: the power pannel did end up in the socked for sys-fan and not at the power-fan. Now it shines again like it should be, so there for the Case fan was just wrongly placed, that means litrally evrything i can think of is working fine.

... Maybe there is something, anywhere wrong placed, something really special...

I would like too need that someone come to me and searches the isue with me haha.