Kraken G12 questions

Anyone have any experience with the kraken g12? im thinking about putting one on my Evga ICX dual fan 1080TI 1 of my fans has kind of annoying squeak around 30-40% fan speed so i figured why not go overkill. If you have used the G12 what AIO did you use? is it worth getting a 240 or 280MM cooler for a 1080ti? or is a 120 or 140 more than enough. Any info or experience anyone has in appreciated. Thank you. 

is there anything comparable from a different company? my main issue with NZXT AIOs are they just seem so over priced. Especially for someone like myself who doesn't really care about RGB lol. 

And they know that :) Thats why they havent updated it to any gen 5-6 pump, as most are square now and no longer are compatible. You pretty much HAVE to buy one of their coolers otherwise you have to buy a older model of a different one.

Haha fair. Although you can get a CM masterliquid ML240L for $70 right now which would be compatible . I just wish there were more products like this to simply the water cooling process for those of us who don’t really wanna go down the custom loop rabbit hole . 

I’ve also read people removing the large thumb screws used on the g12 and using M3 screws and a square pump working . Apparently the square fits but the issue is the large thumb screws 

I did put an AIO on 1080 Turbo using G12. The AIO I used was included in the bundle, generic Asetek pump with pretty thick radiator (measures around 50mm) and a Noiseblocker fan.

Installation was pretty easy even for someone who has never tear down a video card before, the only hard part was to get AIO itself sit where I wanted during putting it on the chip. 

Also, keep in mind that you might want to think about adding some extra cooling for your VRMs and VRAM, as the included NZXT fan might not be enough for powerful card like 1080 Ti.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

• 5 months later...
On 12/21/2018 at 6:59 PM, Apark2241 said:

Haha fair. Although you can get a CM masterliquid ML240L for $70 right now which would be compatible . I just wish there were more products like this to simply the water cooling process for those of us who don’t really wanna go down the custom loop rabbit hole . 

is this true?? been searching for hours