Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Corsair Spec-Omega Airflow

Ulaxu

My girlfriend has got me an 'upgraded' case from my existing spec-alpha to the Corsair spec-omega RGB. Having looked at the case it does look stunning, but the front panel looks like it would heavily restrict airflow. Does anyone have any suggestions for fan placement for the best airflow with so little ventilation at the front of the case? Build is as below:

CPU: AMD - FX-8120 3.1 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H55
Motherboard: MSI - 970 GAMING ATX AM3+
Memory: Kingston - Savage 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1866
Storage: OCZ - Agility 3 60 GB 2.5" SSD
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 & 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 770 2 GB 
Power Supply: Corsair - Builder 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply 

71DRUwRLQ3L._SY450_.jpg

embrace-product.png

17 hours ago, Ulaxu said:

my existing spec-alpha to the Corsair spec-omega RGB.

Those cases have the exact same front panel design and vents. Your airflow is going to be exactly the same

11-139-075-02.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

The front right side in the old alpha is a mesh, which can pass air through, whereas the omega has tempered glass, which blocks the airflow, the only mesh portion is at the bottom

1 hour ago, Ulaxu said:

The front right side in the old alpha is a mesh, which can pass air through, whereas the omega has tempered glass, which blocks the airflow, the only mesh portion is at the bottom

Holy shit you're right! I never noticed that.

The bottom fan should be "okay" though not ideal it should be able to intake some air, but any other fans would be pretty much choked off and have to fight the bottom fan for air, or recirculate case that's already in the case...

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Was considering having the 120mm radiator at the back of the case as exhaust, 3 front fans as intake, though only one would really be effective. Then on the top of the case having two 120mm as exhaust and the one nearest the front as intake, on the theory that this would make an air flow through, right to left. But I was unsure if having one intake and two exhaust on the top section would make for unstable airflow.

1 hour ago, Ulaxu said:

Bump

Not much u can do, if u really care about those few deegres u can always take the front panel off while gaming. Otherwise 3 intakes and 3 exhaust fans is a good combo. 

This is true, seen some testing that shows a 12° increase in temperature, which with the heat from the AMD CPU (nuclear reactor) could start to be problematic.

Does anyone know if having two fans in the top as exhaust and one as intake will cause any issues in terms of airflow. From my understanding it shouldn't as long as the fans at the front and rear are moving air in the same direction.

4 hours ago, Ulaxu said:

Does anyone know if having two fans in the top as exhaust and one as intake will cause any issues in terms of airflow. From my understanding it shouldn't as long as the fans at the front and rear are moving air in the same direction.

It shouldn't as long as your front fans are pulling in as much air as your exhaust fans are exhausting. Usually this means setting the fans speeds either faster for the intake or slower for the exhaust

Also make sure to use the quote button so people know you're replying to them. We dont get notifications that you're responding otherwise.