Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2

Hello,

I recently repaired my old Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 with Windows 8.1 Pro which I got from the company where I worked before and somehow I can't upgrade it to Windows 10 and also I can't dual-boot Debian (installed with wubi) which I installed on internal memory and also if it is installed to my SD Card.

My question is if there is any 2018 method to upgrade to windows 10 Pro (I have actually an 10 Pro Retail key) and my second question is if I could somehow create an VM with Debian on it and let the Tablet boot into it over the network without needing to boot into Windows first.

I actually already done something like this on my Dell thin client but this method doesn't work on this tablet, however I can boot it into Windows 10 PE if I use my USB SSD drive which is actually getting 289mb/s Read - 214,5mb/s Write on this tablet.

Does anyone have an solution to my problem?

I actually don't care about the connectivity issues because I have an SIM Slot in the tablet and I also have unlimited data contract

With that system I don't think you will get very good performance running VM's, honestly I wouldn't recommend it and I don't the Atom processor even supports it.

You could potentially install a Linux Distro as your main OS, you will just want to make sure you download a 32bit ISO, that support UEFI. Also make sure the ISO mounting tool supports UEFI, personally I like Rufus (includes UEFI support)

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

5 hours ago, Icuw1pc said:

With that system I don't think you will get very good performance running VM's, honestly I wouldn't recommend it and I don't the Atom processor even supports it.

You could potentially install a Linux Distro as your main OS, you will just want to make sure you download a 32bit ISO, that support UEFI. Also make sure the ISO mounting tool supports UEFI, personally I like Rufus (includes UEFI support)

I would actually like to host the Linux OS from my workstation/NAS Server and then use the tablet as a client if you know what I mean.

My workstation (HP Z600) has actually 32gb of RAM, 2x Intel Xeon X5650 and six 250gb Samsung Evo SSD's which are connected as RAID 10.

My current OS which I'm using on this workstation is the Windows Server 2012 (don't judge me, this Server OS was included with the Workstation), I'm using it as an NAS Server for saving my Acronis backups on it and I'm also running an PLEX Media Server on it.

When I run everything together then I have still enough resources left  to create an VM with 8gb RAM, 4 CPU Cores, 80GB Virtual HDD and to host it to my Tablet.

I actually don't care about the electricity bill since I'm powering this workstation with my powerwall