njohnson2155

Specs

Motherboard: Asus b350-f

ram: vengence lpx 2 x 8gb 3000mhz

psu: evga 1000gq

gpu: r9 295 x 2

cpu: ryzen 2700x

cpu cooler: H100i pro rgb

My system will not boot, no post. But the motherboard does light up, along with the cooler and gpu. I have tried one ram stick already. Also my motherboard was sent back already to have a bios update to support the ryzen 2700x. Thanks for the help!

IMG_1791.JPG

check the motherboard manual to see if there are any lights to tell you the issues.

you may still want to manually flash the bios in case asus put an older bios on when the flashed it

13 minutes ago, Derrk said:

check the motherboard manual to see if there are any lights to tell you the issues.

you may still want to manually flash the bios in case asus put an older bios on when the flashed it

I have a green led by the ram sticks, and a orange led on the bottom right of the board.

I don't have another am4 chip thats why i had to send it to asus for them to do the update.

1 minute ago, njohnson2155 said:

I have a green led by the ram sticks, and a orange led on the bottom right of the board.

I don't have another am4 chip thats why i had to send it to asus for them to do the update.

I'm unfamiliar with the board, but a lot of asus motherboards have a "flash-back" feature where you can flash the motherboard without a cpu. But first i would consult with the manual to see what the LEDs indicate

update: i just got it to post with a old gtx 560 i had laying around. I know the 295 x 2 works though. So does that mean I need a bigger psu?

I noticed the led that turns green when the system is booting shuts off when i try the 295.