program starting up on boot but not in start up on task manager

Dogsparky

I am using windows 10, and this is really bothering me now, i have been trying to disable malwarebytes on start up, but it does not appear in task manager. I could have sworn there was another way to view my start up items without task manager, is there any way to do this? (Yes i have checked malwarebytes settings for some reason i don't have the option to disable it there, it doesn't exist)

i believe there is also a startup folder located in the start menu directory. but this could be depricated on win10 now.it could be that there is another startup process that opens this malwarebytes thing. also, there are "services" that run silently in the background and can do all kinds of things, you can disable those too.

22 hours ago, sYNTHwAVE said:

i believe there is also a startup folder located in the start menu directory. but this could be depricated on win10 now.it could be that there is another startup process that opens this malwarebytes thing. also, there are "services" that run silently in the background and can do all kinds of things, you can disable those too.

Thanks for the insight, i think i know where to look then, i will come back with an update.