Pubg uses 350gb of space?

Premoz1

I downloaded pubg today and it says its using 350gb of space on 30th november. Check out the pic below. I got my pc on 30th november, but downloaded pubg just today. Its in finnish but I hope you understand. And pubg crashes when joining in-game. Should I reinstall pubg? Its just weird that it says I have downloaded on 30th november, when I just downloaded it today. That explains why my ssd has 450gb in use, help me please 

Screenshot_1.png

That is the folder that has ALL your steam games in it. Go to the PUBG folder within that common folder, it will be in there. It shouldn't be anywhere close to 350gb for PUBG alone.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Just now, Vegetable said:

That is the folder that has ALL your steam games in it. Go to the PUBG folder within that common folder, it will be in there. It shouldn't be anywhere close to 350gb for PUBG alone.

Pubg was 350gb. I checked r6, it was 77gb. Completely normal, its big game. And csgo was 7gb. I know I didnt check out ALL of my games, just and only pubg.

i'd just try to reinstall, and look in the pubg folders which one is taking up so much space.

Just now, Flawizz said:

i'd just try to reinstall, and look in the pubg folders which one is taking up so much space.

Yea Ill do that but do you have any idea why it said "30th november" instead of "19th december" ? Because I got the game yesterday.

1 minute ago, Premoz1 said:

Yea Ill do that but do you have any idea why it said "30th november" instead of "19th december" ? Because I got the game yesterday.

i have no clue, but look at the date AND time. perhaps you remember that you borrowed a friends account to try pubg before purchasing and you forgot?

Just now, Flawizz said:

i have no clue, but look at the date AND time. perhaps you remember that you borrowed a friends account to try pubg before purchasing and you forgot?

nope. And when I check out the whole "PUBG" properties, it says 350gb. But when I doubleclick the "PUBG" (in files) It says stuff like "Engine, Commonredist etc..

I check out their properties, but there is just few gbs. All of those files are like 60gb. But where is the rest 290gb? Where I can look EVERY file in the pc and see the space it takes on the side? So I would know what file takes all the space?

1 minute ago, Premoz1 said:

nope. And when I check out the whole "PUBG" properties, it says 350gb. But when I doubleclick the "PUBG" (in files) It says stuff like "Engine, Commonredist etc..

I check out their properties, but there is just few gbs. All of those files are like 60gb. But where is the rest 290gb? Where I can look EVERY file in the pc and see the space it takes on the side? So I would know what file takes all the space?

theres this program called windirstat, link:https://windirstat.net/download.html

download it and select your ssd. then you will get a good overview of what is taking space, feel free to post some screenshots. im interested in those

9 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

theres this program called windirstat, link:https://windirstat.net/download.html

download it and select your ssd. then you will get a good overview of what is taking space, feel free to post some screenshots. im interested in those

Is that site legit? It doesnt look like one. And here is a little update. I deleted pubg just 5min ago, and it gave me 23gb of space. When it should have gave 350gb. But I checked my other games space, and it says now that ARK takes those 300gb of space. So when I deleted pubg, it kinda transfered that 350gb to the ark. I dont know what the hell have happened to my pc but im afraid of virus, because why it randomly takes 330gb of space? 

11 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

Should I just reset my ssd and download everything again?

7 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Should I just reset my ssd and download everything again?

yes, i'd just take everything off that ssd and go clean

8 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Is that site legit? It doesnt look like one. And here is a little update. I deleted pubg just 5min ago, and it gave me 23gb of space. When it should have gave 350gb. But I checked my other games space, and it says now that ARK takes those 300gb of space. So when I deleted pubg, it kinda transfered that 350gb to the ark. I dont know what the hell have happened to my pc but im afraid of virus, because why it randomly takes 330gb of space? 

if it doesnt look like a legit site to you, just type windirstat in google and click whatever you think is safe, i downloaded it from there, its their own website

This is what windirstat looks like, if you see big squares you click on them and you can see what that is, brings you to that file

Windirstat look.PNG

for example those big yellow squares in the bottom left are mp4 files, my game footage. those blue and red files are PAK files, files from certain games 

1 hour ago, Flawizz said:

for example those big yellow squares in the bottom left are mp4 files, my game footage. those blue and red files are PAK files, files from certain games 

Little update if you want to know, I used application you recommended and I deleted ark. I got 150gb space from it. Idk where the other 150 is, but why my ssd is 465gb when I check it from the "my pc" but its advertised as 500gb? But I counted, that gta v and r6 are both 80+80 is 160, windows 10 is 17gb, so 160+17 is 177 and fortnite takes 30gb 177+30 is 207. 465-207 is 258. And it says "198gb free space" so where is the 60gb? I will info when I get to know it. And no, I didnt wipe my ssd because I was too lazy to check how to do it because I dont have hdd. But if you have any idea where those 60gb are, just say.

31 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

why my ssd is 465gb when I check it from the "my pc" but its advertised as 500gb? 

If you mean you purchased an SSD that says 500GB on the box but only shows 465 GB in windows, that is because when they advertise storage space on SSD or HDD they list the raw unformatted size.

Once you format the drive and put a file system on it the you loose about 7% (in Windows anyway) of the total drive space so 500 GB becomes 465 GB.

It's kinda deceptive marketing but how much you loose can vary based on formatting and file system so they don't know how exactly you will set it up.

Storage size can also be confusing depending if they measure a Kilobyte as 1000 bytes in base 10 or 1024 bytes in base 2

1 minute ago, trufret said:

7%

Wait so if I have 1petabye it will remove 70tb??

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

2 hours ago, Premoz1 said:

Little update if you want to know, I used application you recommended and I deleted ark. I got 150gb space from it. Idk where the other 150 is, but why my ssd is 465gb when I check it from the "my pc" but its advertised as 500gb? But I counted, that gta v and r6 are both 80+80 is 160, windows 10 is 17gb, so 160+17 is 177 and fortnite takes 30gb 177+30 is 207. 465-207 is 258. And it says "198gb free space" so where is the 60gb? I will info when I get to know it. And no, I didnt wipe my ssd because I was too lazy to check how to do it because I dont have hdd. But if you have any idea where those 60gb are, just say.

i'd say get the windows media creation tool on a stick, then boot of that, open cmd by shift+f10 i think it was: then type: ''diskpart'', then type ''list disk'', then look at the nummer that your ssd is, if its for example one, type ''select disk 1'', then type ''clean'', then install windows onto ssd. this cleans the ssd and then you proceed with installing windows. you will lose all data by cleaning tho

2 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Wait so if I have 1petabye it will remove 70tb??

It doesn't exactly remove it.

Say you buy a 1 PB SSD at some point in the future. The manufacturer counts the number of Bytes in base 10 (normal decimal counting for people) so 1 PetaByte = 1 000 000 000 000 000 Bytes or 1000Bytes.

Computers work in the binary Base 2 system so 0, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc...

So they are dividing the Bytes into groups of 1024 instead of 1000. For them 1 PetaByte would be 10245

If you have the 1 000 000 000 000 000 Bytes of space you've purchased from the SSD manufacturer, your computer will look at it and see:

1 000 000 000 000 000 Bytes

/1024 = 976562500000 KiloBytes

/1024 = 953674316.40625 MegaBytes

/1024 = 931322.574615478515625 GigaBytes

/1024 = 909.4947017729282379150390625 TeraBytes

/1024 = 0.88817841970012523233890533447266 PetaBytes

For your computer to see the drive as 1 PetaByte you would need 10245 Bytes or 1 125 899 906 842 624 Bytes.

So most of the issue relates to how People consider a Kilo in metric to be 1000 of something but computers consider a kilo 1024 of something and the larger the number the more those extra 24's add up.

At the Kilo level the difference between the metric Kilo and the binary kilo is 1000/10241 = 0.97... or about 3%

At the Mega level the difference becomes 1 000 000/10242 = 0.95... or about 5%

At Giga like in the OPs example  it becomes 1 000 000 000/10243 = 0.93... or about 7%

Tera becomes 1 000 000 000 000/1024= 0.90... or about 10%

And your Peta becomes 1 000 000 000 000 000/10245 = 0.88... or about 12%

and it keeps going up.

Some of the disk space also goes into storing boot info, file tables, ect.. but the majority of the size disparity is the decimal to binary conversion.