Anyone watch Young Turks or Ben Shapiro?

Canada EH

I just did several hours of both over the past few days. Its an odd combination I know. TYT's is hard to pinpoint but my BS meter went through the roof after watching TYT's. In that way, I kept watching for a bit, but I literally couldnt stand more then a few minutes before going to a LPL's video's on picking locks, then YT would recommend me some Jordan Peterson, which is alright, informative chap, good points, but 30 minutes I have to move on. So went to Ben, an hour straight watching him. His communication style is direct and makes common sense, something uncommon in the news field. Get this, when he is on CNN, newscaster, Ben and 3rd person. I watch the 3rd's face all the time, while Ben speaks. They move their head slightly and its like Ben confused them. Ben is always on the ball,  his arguments are backed up with facts, but he baits others. Its just amazing to watch. What I do not like is the talking over of each other. Ben on his speaking tours speaking to college and univ students, the problem is exaggerated. Students come unprepared, reading off their cell phone. Remember I said that 3rd persons head kinda tilts, like Ben just confused a panel guest. On the campuses it happens all the time. I only watched about 10 - 15 minutes of Ben on Campuses, that got old quickly, its like shooting fish in a barrel for Ben on school campuses. I focused most of my time on Ben on a TV news panel. The news anchors are some of the stupidest people, it is really funny to watch. The actual politican topic is meaningless, Gender Pronouns, Trump, Equality of Outcome, Racism, Pay Gap. Instead of generalizing, which is literally a trap, his style is to get to specifics. When Ben asks for specifics, the other person can list them off. That is the basic problem as I see it. People are so quick to generalize, and don't think for themselves. The students read off their cell phone, with no thought or facts to back up their argument. The TV panels can be shouting matches, but its yay vs nay and the cherry on top is there is no more unbiased news reporting anymore.

I watch some Ben Shapiro, but I prefer Steven Crowder.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Ben is just very good at debating/argument techniques.  But I don't like him because he have opinions I don't agree with at all, so I don't like him. 

The techniques he is good at is litterally aimed towards winning a discussion no matter if you are actually wrong or right. His techniques he is good at is NOT based on actually finding the right answer. (Might be his, might not be)

I had to Google to find a person as example, but a technique of debating/argument I personally think is better for everyone is Jordan Peterson. It's another types of technique. (Don't know if I agree to him or whatever he does, just found a person internet says have techniques that I think is beo)

TYT is just bad.

In lot of political stuff, there are facts on both sides of all cases, it's just how you weight them up towards eachother that makes you think what's the best thing to do. And how people weight them towards eachother is what opinion is. What facts, or points you think matters the most and what don't. And what you want the outcome to be.

A lot of outcomes cant be weighted towards eachother objectively, it's what you think is most important that makes you think what outcome is best. What eyes you look with if you will. 

Also, some things that is presented as facts might not be, it might be, maybe be an error for example. Or they might be reaserchers that have come to two different results and you can't truly know what's true, but people still choose one of them.

Also, no one can know all facts, so they can't weight some facts against other that they don't know about.

And some say you just have to ignore morality, but the thing is, that's not the correct thing to do and everyones morality is different, some care more about more people while others care about just the people closest to them. Some care more about those that already live and others care more about those that is about to live. Some care about everyone or just your own country.

That is morality, with no morality, you would not care about anyone but yourself.

I don't follow spesific people, I lool at what multiple people are saying and base my stuff on that.

EDIT: added some stuff.

TL;DR:

I dont like any of them, I don't follow any specific people.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

TYT is a left wing propaganda outlet.

I quit following news because I am tired of it. All I saw was negative news which was kinda depressing despite the fact that the world has become better compared to a few years or even a hundred years ago. Now I reached a point where I do not care anymore.

Ben Shapiro is an excellent debater, but I prefer Steven Crowder because hes a bit easier to listen to then Shapiro is.
Shapiro takes stances that are extremely pro-religion which is fine but I find Crowder does this less.

I watch TYT because it is fun to see them cannibalize themselves in debates trying to see which one of them can be the most 'left'.

Just now, ThePD said:

Shapiro takes stances that are extremely pro-religion which is fine but I find Crowder does this less.

Crowder also does a great Cenk impression, and his Bernie Sanders impression is awesome and fitting.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Yes, I watch TYT, but I also watch David Pakman, Secular Talk, the Humanist Report, and the Majority Report. They all have unique takes and unique opinions that I use to formulate my own. I never watch Corporate media if I have the choice. 

I don't always agree with everything TYT says, though I do agree with them more than I disagree with them. I much prefer David Pakman and Kyle Kulinski (secular talk) since I find their one-on-one presentation style to be more inviting and they are usually able to disarm right wing arguments in a much more palatable way when trying to show their content to members of the other party. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I no longer watch TYT because of so many reasons. I sometimes watch Ben Shapiro even though I disagree with so many things he says. I also sometimes watch Jordan Peterson even though I cringe with his apologetics. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Crowder is quite a bit more funny.

but Ben Shapiro destroys libtards with FACTS and LOGIC

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

libtards

Does this refer to liberals or libertarians as I think I've seen it used derogatively for both...

9 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Does this refer to liberals or libertarians as I think I've seen it used derogatively for both...

I think it's more for left wing liberals now. At one point they used to mean the same thing ( Libertarians and Liberals ) and I have seen some people who are libertarian referring to themselves as classical liberals 

Ben Shapiro is quite libertarian himself compared to other republicans IMO

For anyone out of the loop, that post wasn't trying to insult anyone, it was in reference to rather clickbaity titles made by people who just repost Ben Shapiro clips

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I only know about Ben Shapiro because of this

29 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Ben Shapiro destroys libtards with FACTS and LOGIC

but never watched him since I believe he only talks about US stuff and I don't live there

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

23 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Neither. It refers to leftists, who claim they're liberals but their actions and ideology contradict that.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Ben Shapiro knows his arguments inside and out, I like it how he doesn't put much personal religious stuff on his speeches.

I love it when the other person is stumped, you can see it in their facial expressions. He just confused them and its hilarious.

Another person who makes sense is Sam Harris. What happened on The Young Turks is disgusting, I can't believe TYT goes for that shock jock crap. Any compilation video shows their whole panel are hyprocrytes. That hot woman, calling Alex Jones fat, then she tells a sob story of how she was bullied in school for being fat.

@Canada EH There is a YouTube channel entirely dedicated to pull Jordan Peterson apart. Just search for « Hugo & Jake ». They dissect Jordan Peterson and the Bible and it’s very entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

@kokakolia

Jordan Peterson gets a bit boring now, I have moved on to Benny.

There is a new joke in town, Octavia is here name, outright joke and a liar. She is CRAZY!

Ha! I was running out of things to watch. 

I'm glad this came back to light.

Never watched TYT and never really plan on doing so. I've watched Ben Shapiro but, honestly, I don't like him. He just has a ring to him that really bothers me.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:25 PM, Preferably Anonymous said:

Steven Crowder.

Yeah I watched him yesterday seems like a good one, also that Rubin guy, ex Turkey Young Turks. They are a joke TYT.

i dont really watch ben, i think politically i agree with him, but just something about the way he talks bugs me. i know thats petty but it can be tiring to listen too after a while.

i do like to watch Jordan Peterson, Dave Rubin, Joe Rogan podcast (he has some political and science ones that i like) But as for my day to day news sort of thing, i really enjoy watching Tim Pool, he was a journalist that worked for i believe VICE, and from what I understand very successful there. but ended up leaving because he went to the EU to try and prove the 'no go zones' where fake and ended up proving him self wrong, luckily he had principal and tried to report it as such but VICE wouldn't let him. and so he left, I think there where other reason as well but he has become a really decent solo journalist now.

I never resort to any of the big news companies unless im looking for live footage of an event or something, like new years or an election or something. I find local news stations are not nearly as bad as the big national ones. also i stay away from places like breitbart, buzzfeed, vox, the verge, and all those places. and gaming journalism.... wow.... dont get me started on those people, they are just oozing with corruption and bias.

And as for TyT.... they are preachy propaganda now they seemed to have taken a crazy turn during the election and started shilling hard. pretty much the only thing i can agree with them on is getting money out of politics and thats it.

On 12/24/2018 at 2:23 PM, kokakolia said:

@Canada EH There is a YouTube channel entirely dedicated to pull Jordan Peterson apart. Just search for « Hugo & Jake ». They dissect Jordan Peterson and the Bible and it’s very entertaining.

i have watched some of their clips and their arguments against his points are very weak or just plain wrong or opinions.

one thing i will agree on with a lot of criticism that goes his way, is i believe he credits religion too much for the wests cultural, civil, and moral developments. im pretty sure it is more of the effort to remove religion from government, and the fact that even as brutal as it was, western religions are no where near as brutal as some current religions in other parts of the world. that helped a lot as well...

I wouldn't watch either even if my life depended on it.

TYT is a no-stance network, that have shown themseles to be more than willing to take on a stance in order to appear populistic. After the last primary it took them less than an hour to shill for Hillary Clinton, even though they had spend the entire primary basing her in favor of Bernie Sanders.

Ben Shapiro is the personification of the phrase "the faster I talk the more right I am".

His debate technique is extremely overrated, his stances are mostly ignorant and he's hypothetical has hell. The few times he ventures into talking about anything remotely factual he's prone to picking only the data that supports his already established stance while rejecting whatever goes against it.

Honestly, at best he's a willful idiot and at worst he's a charlatan.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes