Do upward facing L-shaped sata data cables exist ?

Frag1

Hello,

When you have for example a hard drive horizontaly pcb down, the data cable on a normal L-shaped sata conector goes down. Now do the make sata cables where the cable goes in other direction like up or sideways ? I cant seem to find any.

It's impossible to flip the SATA connector upward since there's a latch on top of it. (You can flip the drive to use a normal right-angle/straight cable)

Nevertheless there are indeed sideway connectors cables.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Upward bending cables exist as I have one. The latch is easy to get around, simply don't have one. I have no idea where I got it from though, probably salvaged from a pre-built.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Thanks, ill keep searching, i dont need a latch and the hdd was just for reference. My actual problem is i have 3 sata ports next to each other with gpu right on top of them. I can use one port with normal L conector but to use a second one ill need a L conector going the other way.

Look into the Akasa ProSlim cables. They have a smaller that usual connector on the ends and the cable itself is physically smaller and can be bent at pretty sharp angles without harm, allowing them to fit in pretty tight spaces.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Thanks everyone i found them. Apparently the are called left angle cables.

3 hours ago, Frag1 said:

Thanks everyone i found them. Apparently the are called left angle cables.

Right, don't tell us where you found them.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Just google left angle sata, theres lots of them on ebay and amazon. I havent looked anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Frag1 said:

Just google left angle sata, theres lots of them on ebay and amazon. I havent looked anywhere else.

That was almost as annoying as "lmgtfy". I know I can search for them (btw, I don't use Google; it's too snoopy). I wanted to know where YOU found them.

Jeannie

Ah you mean HOW i found them. I just googled 'backward 90 degree sata' or something similar i dont remember exactly and then just scrolled through pictures on google and looked at the conectors and got lucky eventualy. Found a picture with corect looking cable that lead to amazon listing where i got the name for them.

4 hours ago, Frag1 said:

Ah you mean HOW i found them. I just googled 'backward 90 degree sata' or something similar i dont remember exactly and then just scrolled through pictures on google and looked at the conectors and got lucky eventualy. Found a picture with corect looking cable that lead to amazon listing where i got the name for them.

? Oh good grief! If I meant HOW, I would have said HOW instead of WHERE.

Never mind, though. You finally answered my question, albeit accidentally.

Jeannie

I said they have them on amazon like 3 posts ago. Duh, thats where i found them. Obviously. If you think i remember the exact specific listing where ive seen them for the first time youre crazy :)

We are way of topic anyway.

Solved. Closed.

Is English not your first language? That would explain the failures to communicate.

Jeannie