Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

radiator fans spec meaning

Go to solution Solved by ZeouLs,
4 minutes ago, yotallo said:

so if in the HD140 the static pressure and the CFM is higher then the ML140 which has much lower CFM and lower static pressure then for max performance i should go with the HD140?

Yep if noise is not a concern I would go with the HD140

hello i am buying an 420mm AIO i do not like the fans that come with it and i would like to change it 

i have been looking online and ive seen many fans and noticed a couple variables that i dont understand in regarding to radiator cooling performance and to which i should more look into

CFM and H2O in regarding to watercooling radiators ive been looking into fans from corsair(HD140,ML140) and from NZXT the AER P 140mm

help is much appreciated thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

CFM is cubic feet per minute. A Fan with 50 CFM can circulate 50cubic feet air per minute. H2O is the chemical term for water (Dihydrogen Monoxide, 2 Hydron atoms and 1 oxygen atom). I like the ML140 because it creates less noise while spinning since it's not the classic bearings we used to have but magnetic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

CFM is cubic feet per minute. A Fan with 50 CFM can circulate 50cubic feet air per minute. H2O is the chemical term for water (Dihydrogen Monoxide, 2 Hydron atoms and 1 oxygen atom). I like the ML140 because it creates less noise while spinning since it's not the classic bearings we used to have but magnetic.

so the higher CFM and the higher H2O is the best? HD140 does much more then the ML140 and noise wise i dont mind really i just want the lowest temps i can get

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, yotallo said:

so the higher CFM and the higher H2O is the best? HD140 does much more then the ML140 and noise wise i dont mind really i just want the lowest temps i can get

There are static pressure fans and airflow fans. Static pressure even with lower cfm performs better with a watercooling system, since airflow fans have a harder time pushing air through the radiator. So for the aio you dont really want the highest cfm but static pressure fans with decent rpm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

There are static pressure fans and airflow fans. Static pressure even with lower cfm performs better with a watercooling system, since airflow fans have a harder time pushing air through the radiator. So for the aio you dont really want the highest cfm but static pressure fans with decent rpm

so if in the HD140 the static pressure and the CFM is higher then the ML140 which has much lower CFM and lower static pressure then for max performance i should go with the HD140?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, yotallo said:

so if in the HD140 the static pressure and the CFM is higher then the ML140 which has much lower CFM and lower static pressure then for max performance i should go with the HD140?

Yep if noise is not a concern I would go with the HD140

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×