What is going on in California?

oskar23

California fires  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is it direct energy weapon or fires?

23 minutes ago, veldora said:

It's almost Christmas here and its been raining. Usually at this time it'd be over a meter of snow. Only a few centimeters have fallen so far. It's definitely warm. Just wanted to say that. 

It's 73 degrees at 4:42 PM here in the Phoenix area.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

On 12/20/2018 at 9:26 AM, Drak3 said:

Cali is burning to the ground. Also, they're experiencing bad wild fires.

The scientific community's consensus starts and stops at the fact that climate change is real and happening. Whether humans are a significant factor or not is highly debateable. Whether climate change is an issue to life or just to current models of human civilization is highly debateable.

And the excuse that any scientist not supporting the narrative of the climate change doomsday being "paid off" is ridiculous, half of them were on that conclussion long before corporations picked up the funding with their research. Climate change is highly politicized, and those that don't support the reported narrative are automatically demonized.

This is out right false, the scientific consensus has been human activity is the primary driver for global warming for at least 10 years. https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

2 hours ago, Kallahan11 said:

for at least 10 years

longer, but they get your point.

I think for the most part its just stirring the pot, with that comes little knowledge of the problem and a biased stream of information they are receiveing so can't blame them.

On the Bill Maher show, he had on a politician who was a climate change deniar, and Neil DeGrasse Tyson, it was interesting to watch. Everyone knows that politician had his bank account fleeced with industry money. I like to hear arguments from people like Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, Pat Micheals, Ian Pilmer. For those last two, would love to see their bank account statements!

Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists.

9 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Where is that from? lol

Rainbow 6 Siege

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

On 12/20/2018 at 11:16 AM, Canada EH said:

You are wrong there.

Do you have a Masters PHD in any scientific field?

On 12/20/2018 at 11:17 AM, Drak3 said:

Irrelevant. It's heavily debated in the scientific community.

Drak is wrong. Absolutely 100% wrong. The very.... very vast majority of scientists already know that the advancing climate change is happening BECAUSE of human interaction.

Source: Am PhD in energy field who has had to research climate change for intro material for my dissertation. 

On 12/20/2018 at 3:42 AM, RorzNZ said:

Fire is hot and heat melts things.

yeah but jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

55 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

yeah but jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Under the correct conditions, it most certainly can.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

And this is whats wrong with the world.  Something as simple as a fucking bush fire and we have arguments and grand conspiracies.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 12/20/2018 at 7:44 AM, Canada EH said:

This happens every year with the drought, very dry land and Global Warming.

It does not take much to set off a fire, lightning, a spark from a quad or a dirt bike or other vehicle, a degenerate smoker causing arson, specifics on the last one only because its so avoidable!

I get the feeling from you that you believe that it is actually aliens doing this, or perhaps the government is doing it on purpose, maybe Alf came back from the 1990's to reek havoc on the TV stations, or E.T. phone home is unhappy with his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next to Trumps start, which I read that someone shitted on it yesterday. Classy I tell you, not.

As resident official tinfoil hat wearer, I feel obliged to say the following:

People said similar things to anyone claiming that the government was spying on everyone (or wanted to). And we know how that's turned out, don't we?

I won't speak as to the veracity of the video in the OP, I will only say that as a student of history, I think people need to be a little more distrusting of the government and the media (ALL media, fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) these days.

Last I checked, controlling what people think and believe was a multi-billion dollar industry that is currently propping up the entire internet and as a result, a not-insignificant portion of the global economy.

They call it "marketing"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

While we are playing around with Global Warming conspiracy theories, has anyone read Michael Crichton's State of Fear? I don't agree with much of what he says about Global Warming but book is an interesting study how governments can influence people through FUD.

Jeannie

Global warming is pretty real. Here in NZ where there is little ozone to go around, its certainly cooking. Pretty rediculous summer last year, my home town reaching nearly 35 degrees, and the southernmost major city in NZ, Invercargill reaching a record - since records began - of 31 degrees. Thats a town that most days doesnt reach 20. Certainly was a heatwave to remember! Every so often on the news now its record warmest winter, record warmest summer. Used to snow in the winter here every year, now it's around one day per year - if that. Already cranking up the heat so far in the mid 20s. 

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

And this is whats wrong with the world.  Something as simple as a fucking bush fire and we have arguments and grand conspiracies.

This was no bush fire, but I get your point.

Spoiler

6115198-6382769-image-a-105_154208816127

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Relevant XKCD
https://xkcd.com/1732/

Spoiler

earth_temperature_timeline.png

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

T Series subs and Pewdiepie subs set California forest on fire. 

why do these conspiracy theory nutjobs all have the same voice?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I'm not sure what's worse between people who don't believe in global warming or those that do but don't do anything about it.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Raskolnikov said:

I'm not sure what's worse between people who don't believe in global warming or those that do but don't do anything about it.

That's a good question. Then there is the question that accepts global warming is real but questions who or what is to blame.

Jeannie