Dell xps 13 will not turn on

Fer23rt

I have a xps 9360 i5 128gb, that flashes 4 amber lights and one white, when I attempt to turn it on. When i remove the battery, instead of turning on, on ac power, the power led lights up, and then the white light flashes once and it turns off, any ideas? Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Fer23rt said:

4 amber lights and one white

Are you sure it is not 3 and 1 indicating a dead bios battery?

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/xps-13-9365-2-in-1-laptop/xps_9365_servicemanual/system-diagnostic-lights?guid=guid-31c6430f-3975-4b59-a0f9-b63ed764fad7&lang=en-us

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Its 4,1 yes, here's another thing, when I remove charger, unplug battery, unplug cmos battery, drain using power button, then plug cmos,then battery, then charger, it first gives me the 3 amber, 1 white (flashing slow), then it attempts to boot and the fan spins briefly and then I returns to giving then4, 1 code, which flashes very fast

4 hours ago, Fer23rt said:

Its 4,1 yes, here's another thing, when I remove charger, unplug battery, unplug cmos battery, drain using power button, then plug cmos,then battery, then charger, it first gives me the 3 amber, 1 white (flashing slow), then it attempts to boot and the fan spins briefly and then I returns to giving then4, 1 code, which flashes very fast

Hmm. Strange. Try giving it a new Cmos battery. After that, I'm not really sure.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Update, I removed the cmos, removed the main battery, plugged only cmos back in, and it turns on now, so main battery is presumably dead, only other thing is that it doesnt recognize it's original adapter, yet still powers on

• 3 weeks later...

Figured it out, I was using a dell 65w charger, with an adapter (7.4 to 4.5 dongle) turns out that dongle was bad, as soon as I plugged in another xps charger (without adapter) it started up just fine, saved me buying a new battery for no reason