Which GPU should i upgrade to?

Dr_BraveStone
Go to solution Solved by Dr_BraveStone,

Just purchased, 1070ti

Thanks for your guys help!

Just now, Cigano said:

yeah I personally wouldn't do that, you're exactly right it's a temporary fix. What holds those chips back a bit are their architecture and core count.  You'll be okay for the next year with a 1070ti and a 4670k. If you don't have the money to spare now it won't be the end of the world. 

a 1070 ti will also have terrific resale value.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

Just now, xg32 said:

cpu coming out in 5 months it will be better than any existing cpus, they'll cost 300-400 for high end ones.

Thank you...

That sounds like a good idea. 400 bucks for a CPU isnt too bad. I'm sure i paid around that ballpark for my 4670k.

This is why i wanted to get a expensive graphic card because i plan on upgrading the CPU in the immediate future.

But there has been alot of controversy over the new RTX cards. There was even news that one of the biggest investors in Nivida is leaving. And then everyone on youtube is talking about raedon.

22 minutes ago, Cigano said:

well my cousin has a 4790k and he plays BF5 without complaining about performance so you should be fine just expect some bottle necking and some frame drops. It won't be unplayable.   

I just looked up the PC Requirements for the Battlefield five and its a i5 6600K.

Good lord.

9 minutes ago, Dr_BraveStone said:

I just looked up the PC Requirements for the Battlefield five and its a i5 6600K.

Good lord.

hahah yeah they're steep battlefield is no slouch 

Welp,

Thanks for your guys help. Now i'm re thinking my whole upgrade plan.

I was seriously considering pulling the trigger on a new graphics card tonight. Good thing i didnt apparently my cpu cant even handle BF5?

What a world we live in.

200.gif

Now i'm thinking i should upgrade the CPU MOBO and ram first.

I'm thinking ill go the Ryzen route.

1 minute ago, Dr_BraveStone said:

Welp,

I was seriously considering pulling the trigger on a new graphics card tonight. Good thing i didnt apparently my cpu cant even handle BF5?

What a world we live in.

200.gif

What GPU have you got right now?

Just now, Dr_BraveStone said:

Welp,

What a world we live in.

200.gif

If i were you i'd snatch the 1070ti now because it's a great deal and upgrade the other stuff when ryzen 2 comes out in a few months! I personally have a 2700x and love it, i'm exited for ryzen 2 

Just now, 1kv said:

What GPU have you got right now?

EvGA 760

Kind of embarrassing but the card has been good for me ever since i bought it.

It has been struggling trying to run Hit man 2 though.

2 minutes ago, Cigano said:

If i were you i'd snatch the 1070ti now because it's a great deal and upgrade the other stuff when ryzen 2 comes out in a few months! I personally have a 2700x and love it, i'm exited for ryzen 2 

Does graphic card matter for game recording??

EvGA 760

Kind of embarrassing but the card has been good for me ever since i bought it.

It has been struggling trying to run Hit man 2 though.

a 760 with a Ryzen would bottleneck but it probably wouldn't be that bad at 1080p until you can upgrade the GPU.

When do you plan on upgrading the GPU if you're getting a new mobo and CPU?

Does graphic card matter for game recording??

Yes, otherwise you wouldn't have good graphics quality (integrated graphics are awful). Game recording is mostly CPU intensive though.

5 minutes ago, 1kv said:

a 760 with a Ryzen would bottleneck but it probably wouldn't be that bad at 1080p until you can upgrade the GPU.

When do you plan on upgrading the GPU if you're getting a new mobo and CPU?

Welll....

Okay, so i could do a AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor with a 

MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard, and 16 gbs of Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

it would cost me like 560 USD.

Then i would upgrade the video card, soo like maybe 1-2 months.

Welll....

Okay, so i could do a 2700x 3.7 8 core with a MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard, and 16 gbs of Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

it would cost me like 560 USD.

Then i would upgrade the video card, soo like maybe 1-2 months.

I also originally bought a msi b450 tomahawk and it literally died when I tried to use precision boost overdrive. It's currently RMA'd lmao. That doesn't mean it's a bad board but it may be a little weak for the 2700x or MSI just has severe BIOS issues. Ultimately i'm not sure if i was just unlucky or not. I currently have the ASUS x470-f  and haven't had any issues. If the RMA lets me know what wen't wrong with the board i'll reply to this thread and let you know.  

12 minutes ago, Cigano said:

That also sounds like a good plan... the 1070ti is a really good deal.

Im just worried about its lifespan.

When i bought my 760 the 1070 TI was for sale.

Just now, Cigano said:

I also originally bought a msi b450 tomahawk and it literally died when I tried to use precision boost overdrive. It's currently RMA'd lmao. That doesn't mean it's a bad board but it may be a little weak for the 2700x or MSI just has severe BIOS issues. Ultimately i'm not sure if i was just unlucky or not. I currently have the ASUS x470-f  and haven't had any issues. If the RMA lets me know what wen't wrong with the board i'll reply to this thread and let you know.  

Good to know. I just said that MOBO because it is in the price range i want to pay for a mobo and it came up on PCPARTSPICKER

Just now, Dr_BraveStone said:

Good to know. I just said that MOBO because it is in the price range i want to pay for a mobo and it came up on PCPARTSPICKER

yeah it's highly recommended by people I just had that issue and thought i'd let ya know! But I consider the 1070ti to still be extremely relevant I get around 85-120 FPS on BF5 at 1440p with a 2700x and 1070ti FTW2. The other cards listed just don't justify their price IMO.