ASUS MG248QR vs Viewsonic XG2402

Azriel
Go to solution Solved by mxk,

I have the Asus monitor. I love it very much, and I think it is the successor to the vg275q. It has a fairly slim bezel and I don't notice any screen tearing or really any issues at all. It has a nice UI layout which is really easy to use. It is a little hard on the eyes when brighter, but thats when pretty much anyone would just turn down the brightness or change the coloring.

The coloring out the box is ok, but I changed it since I like playing csgo with colors that are more saturated and pop. I think there is a tiny stutter when I move really fast in csgo, but I honestly don't care. It might be my fps so if it changes when I build my new pc that'll be why.

I'm looking to buy a 144hz monitor. Any suggestions or experience with these monitors? *The ASUS has a 4ms input lag versus the Viewsonic 1ms input lag, and the ASUS has 100 million: 1 dynamic contrast ration versus the 120 million to 1 of the Viewsonic.

*Edited for added information

they're pretty much identical I would 100% suggest finding a monitor of the same specs with a VA panel instead of a TN panel which these have  it'll be much better looking. 

I have the Asus monitor. I love it very much, and I think it is the successor to the vg275q. It has a fairly slim bezel and I don't notice any screen tearing or really any issues at all. It has a nice UI layout which is really easy to use. It is a little hard on the eyes when brighter, but thats when pretty much anyone would just turn down the brightness or change the coloring.

The coloring out the box is ok, but I changed it since I like playing csgo with colors that are more saturated and pop. I think there is a tiny stutter when I move really fast in csgo, but I honestly don't care. It might be my fps so if it changes when I build my new pc that'll be why.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, Cigano said:

they're pretty much identical I would 100% suggest finding a monitor of the same specs with a VA panel instead of a TN panel which these have  it'll be much better looking. 

Im not going for looks. I need a monitor for fast paced gaming, since it will be used to play CS:GO. Thanks nonetheless!

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

Thank you for replying! This gives me a great idea of the monitor especially since I want to use it for CS:GO.

Just now, Azriel said:

Im not going for looks. I need a monitor for fast paced gaming, since it will be used to play CS:GO. Thanks nonetheless!

well you wouldn't be sacrificing any performance at all you'll literally just have a monitor with better picture for around the same price 

1 minute ago, Azriel said:

Thank you for replying! This gives me a great idea of the monitor especially since I want to use it for CS:GO.

Yup. I do a lot of twitchy movements where I swing my arm to strafe in a gamemode called scoutzknivez, so me moving really fast back in forth will probably expose the micro stutters.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 minutes ago, Cigano said:

well you wouldn't be sacrificing any performance at all you'll literally just have a monitor with better picture for around the same price 

He might have found the same sale as I did, because I got my mg248 on sale for around $200 usd, which is a pretty good price off what I saw other places selling it for.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

3 minutes ago, Cigano said:

Any suggestions for a 144Hz monitor that is $200 or less? VA monitors usually have a higher response time.

6 minutes ago, Azriel said:

Any suggestions for a 144Hz monitor that is $200 or less? VA monitors usually have a higher response time.

I got the asus monitor on sale from eBay, refurbished. It looks and feels like its brand new. $210 was the price. It came with an HDMI and DP cable.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

7 minutes ago, Azriel said:

I appreciate the link but there is a computer shop nearby with the monitor in stock. https://www.microcenter.com/product/480187/mg248qr-24-full-hd-144hz-dvi-hdmi-dp-freesync-gaming-led-monitor . Thank you though!

damn! Thats a steal! I hate not having any microcenters here in Oregon, I miss out on some crazy sales.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra