Updating Drivers and BIOS

Hi P
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 minute ago, Hi P said:

Do I need to install some kind of CPU drivers too? (Ryzen 2600)

nope

1 minute ago, Hi P said:

Regarding the mobo, do I Install all the recent drivers under Audio / Chipset / LANSATA / WLan+BT along the BIOS update?

Yes, but I find the most pertinent are chipset and audio, maybe LAN, but usually I don't bother with the others.

2 minutes ago, Hi P said:

I have Windows 10 ver. 1809 and I noticed that some drivers say "ver. 1803 supported", does that mean mine isn't supported yet?

You should be fine.

Is there a safe and reliable program that would keep all my drivers updated?

Unfortunately no.

If for some reason my PC shuts down during the BIOS update, does the motherboard become unusable or can it be fixed?

It's ruined, so be careful the power doesn't cut or anything! Not very likely though.

When I assembled my PC two weeks ago, downloading the motherboard drivers didn't cross my mind until now, and that got me thinking:

1.- Do I need to install some kind of CPU drivers too? (Ryzen 2600)

2.- Regarding the mobo, do I Install all the recent drivers under Audio / Chipset / LANSATA / WLan+BT along the BIOS update?

(click for the motherboard driver page)

3.- I have Windows 10 ver. 1809 and I noticed that some drivers say "ver. 1803 supported", does that mean mine isn't supported yet?

4.- Is there a safe and reliable program that would keep all my drivers updated?

5.- If for some reason my PC shuts down during the BIOS update, does the motherboard become unusable or can it be fixed?

1 minute ago, Hi P said:

Do I need to install some kind of CPU drivers too? (Ryzen 2600)

nope

1 minute ago, Hi P said:

Regarding the mobo, do I Install all the recent drivers under Audio / Chipset / LANSATA / WLan+BT along the BIOS update?

Yes, but I find the most pertinent are chipset and audio, maybe LAN, but usually I don't bother with the others.

I have Windows 10 ver. 1809 and I noticed that some drivers say "ver. 1803 supported", does that mean mine isn't supported yet?

You should be fine.

Is there a safe and reliable program that would keep all my drivers updated?

Unfortunately no.

If for some reason my PC shuts down during the BIOS update, does the motherboard become unusable or can it be fixed?

It's ruined, so be careful the power doesn't cut or anything! Not very likely though.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Windows 10 1809 is fairly new for normal consumers, so it's no surprise that vendors haven't tested all the drivers with all components on new 1809 version.

But there wasn't anything that major done with this update, so I don't see any reason why you would have problems with this.

You better hope, your PC won't turn of in the middle of BIOS upgrade ... it will get bricked and will need to be sent to repair. Luckily my motherboard have 2x BIOS, so if I brick one, I still have one as a backup.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

3 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

You better hope, your PC won't turn of in the middle of BIOS upgrade ... it will get bricked and will need to be sent to repair. Luckily my motherboard have 2x BIOS, so if I brick one, I still have one as a backup.

So if it happens to me I can just RMA it or something like that to get it repaired?

So if it happens to me I can just RMA it or something like that to get it repaired?

Yeah I would, if it's still under warranty. 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB