Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get Elgato HD60 Pro to output the obs screen?

iKingRPG
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

OBS -> Right click scene -> Project to screen

So when I use it to record games ( it is the PC version) I would plug computer HDMI to the input of the card and the HDMI output goes to my monitor and I have obs open on the computer with the card. I was wondering if anyone knew a way where I can make it so the stuff that shows in obs studio like live subscriber counts and stuff show on the monitor I'm the output. My plan is since we have two systems that have cameras connected to them I can make them go in the input and output on a monitor so it will both show. (Don't worry I don't need a 2nd card because one of them can open in web browser/software) think of it like this if it didn't make sense: let's say I was streaming a game and wanted the live subscriber count and donations to shows on my screen I am playing on too.

 

Sorry if this didn't make sense I can answer questions.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, iKingRPG said:

So when I use it to record games ( it is the PC version) I would plug computer HDMI to the input of the card and the HDMI output goes to my monitor and I have obs open on the computer with the card. I was wondering if anyone knew a way where I can make it so the stuff that shows in obs studio like live subscriber counts and stuff show on the monitor I'm the output. My plan is since we have two systems that have cameras connected to them I can make them go in the input and output on a monitor so it will both show. (Don't worry I don't need a 2nd card because one of them can open in web browser/software) think of it like this if it didn't make sense: let's say I was streaming a game and wanted the live subscriber count and donations to shows on my screen I am playing on too.

 

Sorry if this didn't make sense I can answer questions.

Thanks!

Just to clarify. Are you wanting to have it so you can see the live counts, but the viewers cannot?

 

If that is the case your best bet is going to be getting a second monitor and using it for that. If you want them on the same monitor you are going to have problems. Normally if just using OBS you can bind it to a particular source, but when using a capture card it is going to take the entire screen output so you have no way of using an overlay and not having it show on your screen.

 

If you are streaming there is really no reason to not have a dual monitor setup anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Just to clarify. Are you wanting to have it so you can see the live counts, but the viewers cannot?

 

If that is the case your best bet is going to be getting a second monitor and using it for that. If you want them on the same monitor you are going to have problems. Normally if just using OBS you can bind it to a particular source, but when using a capture card it is going to take the entire screen output so you have no way of using an overlay and not having it show on your screen.

 

If you are streaming there is really no reason to not have a dual monitor setup anyways.

No, I want the stuff on the obs studio to mirorr to the monitor connected to the capture card.

 

EDIT: Another option would be to somehow cast it to a TV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

OBS -> Right click scene -> Project to screen

Thanks I'll try that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, iKingRPG said:

No, I want the stuff on the obs studio to mirorr to the monitor connected to the capture card.

Do you want this to show up on your stream or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

Do you want this to show up on your stream or not?

Yes but I won't actually be streaming unless stream it to my TV not YT or Twitch. Because it is Security cameras and I want to see all them with the time overlay in one screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×