New PC shutdown when a game is launched

hykar

Hello guys !

Decided to treat myself for Xmas this year, bought a new PC + Monitor.

Details:

Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

CPU: Intel i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Go G Skill 1501.5 MHz (DDR4-3003 / PC4-24000)

Alimentation: 850 Watts

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Ti TU102-300 (Palit NE6208T020LC)

BIOS/Drivers: everything is up to date

OC: Didnt tried to OC anything, didnt even use the "Turbo Mode" the BIOS is allowing me to

I dont have any problem on Windows but every time I try to launch a game (tried with FF XIV & Destiny 2) the PC shutdown itself within 5/10 minutes

The only error I can get from the event supervisor is a very common one: 0xc0000001 (not at home right now so I cant check it but I'm pretty sure it's the one).

Searched on the web with the error code but the only answer I get is: Repair or reinstall Windows. Tried it 3 times with the same results.

I would deeply appreciate any input.

Thanks

Is it a crash and then shutdown or straight powering off? Might be bad wall power

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I dont recognize the name of the powersupply, it could likely be the cause.

Try downloading aida 64 and a gpu stress tester to get the system under load. If it is consistently crashing under load, that could be the problem, since an 9900k and a 2080ti is probably the most power draw you could get out of a gaming system.

Also check for tempretures, if they climb sharply after load, it could be a bad cooler/thermal paste application

Also, there was a bad batch of 2080ti's that had a higher failure rate linked to g-sync monitors, mainly of those using the stock pcb (yours included), if nothing else, a bad graphics card could be the culprit

Thanks for the replies guys.

fasauceome: no crash, straight rebooting

kmp: Yeah sorry, "Alimentation" is the french word for "power supply" :D

I dont have the brand in mind, I dont think it is a well established one.

I knew this CPU/GPU couple would drain a lot of power, but I thought 850W would be sufficient.

This is the PC: https://www.sedatech.net/fr/detail/index/sArticle/12062

(took the Corsair Hydro H100i upgrade)

Not something I built myself.

Temperatures are high if I remember correctly the GPU is around 70° (Celsius) while gaming. But I read that it was somewhat normal for a RTX ?

I also saw a lot of issues with the first RTX 2080 Ti, so would it be a smart move to get a refund for this one and buy another, more high end, the MSI gaming X Trio for example ?

3 hours ago, hykar said:

Thanks for the replies guys.

fasauceome: no crash, straight rebooting

kmp: Yeah sorry, "Alimentation" is the french word for "power supply" :D

I dont have the brand in mind, I dont think it is a well established one.

I knew this CPU/GPU couple would drain a lot of power, but I thought 850W would be sufficient.

This is the PC: https://www.sedatech.net/fr/detail/index/sArticle/12062

(took the Corsair Hydro H100i upgrade)

Not something I built myself.

Temperatures are high if I remember correctly the GPU is around 70° (Celsius) while gaming. But I read that it was somewhat normal for a RTX ?

I also saw a lot of issues with the first RTX 2080 Ti, so would it be a smart move to get a refund for this one and buy another, more high end, the MSI gaming X Trio for example ?

Sorry for the late reply (its helpful to quote members so they know that you replied)

Yeah it does seem like the gpu should be the culprit.

One more thing is trying to disable g-sync on the monitor and then trying to game (apparently the rtx 2080ti did have problems with gsync displays that caused more crashes)

Edit: a non brand psu could also be the problem, a lot of them can only deliver full power in short bursts but are incapable of full load for long periods of time. Its likely a good idea to replace that first and see if that fixes the issue, since having a no name psu is a bad idea regardless of weather it works or not. 

15 hours ago, k.m.p said:

Sorry for the late reply (its helpful to quote members so they know that you replied)

Yeah it does seem like the gpu should be the culprit.

One more thing is trying to disable g-sync on the monitor and then trying to game (apparently the rtx 2080ti did have problems with gsync displays that caused more crashes)

Edit: a non brand psu could also be the problem, a lot of them can only deliver full power in short bursts but are incapable of full load for long periods of time. Its likely a good idea to replace that first and see if that fixes the issue, since having a no name psu is a bad idea regardless of weather it works or not. 

Hello and thank you for the reply.

Found the information on my psu: its the Xilence Performance X 850 Watts 80+ Gold

Had no time to test to disable the g sync yesterday, but yeah I think it's the GPU fault.

Thanks for the input !