RX580 / Does increasing VRAM voltage increase VRAM stability in tightening timings ?

ObilvionNizer

Hey Guys, So, as the title asks. 

By increasing the VRAM Voltage on a RX580 with a modified bios, will this increase the VRAM stability while also tightening the timings?

Thanks in advance

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

raising the voltage wont decrese your timings, but can help with stability when overclocking VRAM. just make sure you dont kill your IMC

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

52 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

raising the voltage wont decrese your timings, but can help with stability when overclocking VRAM. just make sure you dont kill your IMC

Thanks for the response. Will it also tighten the timings?

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

1 hour ago, ObilvionNizer said:

Hey Guys, So, as the title asks. 

By increasing the VRAM Voltage on a RX580 with a modified bios, will this increase the VRAM stability while also tightening the timings?

Thanks in advance

that's very risky though, those VRAM chips are very fragile and they don't like to be messed with when it comes to voltages and timings...i'm not sure what AMD is trying to achieve by unlocking a certain degree of freedom with those things...but it will make your card very unstable really quick...and best key scenario you MIGHT get an extra half a frame here and there...it's not worth it.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 minutes ago, ObilvionNizer said:

Thanks for the response. Will it also tighten the timings?

no, as i said, more voltage wont make your timings tighter. if you want tighter memory timings you are going to have to modify the timings part of the BIOS too.

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

that's very risky though, those VRAM chips are very fragile and they don't like to be messed with when it comes to voltages and timings...i'm not sure what AMD is trying to achieve by unlocking a certain degree of freedom with those things...but it will make your card very unstable really quick...and best key scenario you MIGHT get an extra half a frame here and there...it's not worth it.

he is BIOS modding i think, i dont think AMD are letting you kill your IMC with Relive. timings can give some extra performance though im pretty sure

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

he is BIOS modding i think, i dont think AMD are letting you kill your IMC with Relive. timings can give some extra performance though im pretty sure

i agree with both statements, but the performance gain must be absolutely very very minimal, since even increasing memory speed by a significant amount give very little benefit on a weak GPU such as RX 580...those low/mid range cards arent starved for memory bandwidht to begin with...i cant see slightly tighter timings on that having any meanigful performance improvement.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR