Razer Mamba 2018 VS Razer Lancehead (Wireless)

The Torrent

I used to the mamba was all about rgb, I guess I was wrong considering it’s all gone except for the logo in this years model.

I like the lancehead only due to the strip of rgb on the side. I’m a semi portable gamer so looking for a wireless mouse that will fit the design scheme of my pc (I would consider Alienware mouse but they don’t make them wireless).

so similarly priced, similar looks, I need something from the mamba that must justify its removal of rgb and slightly increase of price over the lancehead that makes it worth it. I’ve been told they have the same sensor and everything. So what’s the difference and what would you prefer?

......Razer? I'd get neither.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Neither. 

I'm not being snarky, but when I'm looking for a gaming mouse, I aim more on function and performance, not much on aesthetics. The Razer Lancehead and Mamba look good but have relatively subpar sensor performance in comparison to some of its competition. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

The 2018 Mamba has a better sensor iirc. a 3389 Optical vs PTE Laser. The lancer head wireless uses a pte sensor which has some issues. 

Ive have like 10 Razer mice and couple headsets and couple keyboards over 20 years.  Razer blows balls.  First off their mice have a issue and that is if bass comes in the mouse jumps all over the screen and moves on its own,, just sit back and put on a song and you watch the mouse cursor dancing.. with different mouse pads...  Logi doesnt move when the bass kicks in and the mouse is still and not dancing,,,, fak razer is all I gotta say, Ive been thru hell and back with them and never gonna touch another product even if its free.  So ya,, sorry about the rant, just warning you all.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

I ain’t no professional e sports gamer. It’s mostly going to be for school work, browsing the Internet, and light gameplay like Witcher 3, league of legends, world of tanks, etc.

Other mice may be better for value but they all look ugly af...

People can hate razer all they want, But their mice is actually pretty good, Its just because of the QC control issues on the early deathadder..everyone loses their mind until now and said all razer mice are bad and overpriced.

Bad? No..Overpriced? Maybe depends on who you are.

Ok so, i'd get the mamba since the Lancehead wireless use laser sensor..but there are other option out there especially if you didn't look for the aesthetic.

You can check my guide on my signature below.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

18 hours ago, Hiya! said:

People can hate razer all they want, But their mice is actually pretty good, Its just because of the QC control issues on the early deathadder..everyone loses their mind until now and said all razer mice are bad and overpriced.

Bad? No..Overpriced? Maybe depends on who you are.

Ok so, i'd get the mamba since the Lancehead wireless use laser sensor..but there are other option out there especially if you didn't look for the aesthetic.

You can check my guide on my signature below.

Razer quality is not on par with price. I have Razer mamba wirless and is crap. Signal is lost 1m from receiver, profiles are not store on mice constant problems with profiles switching, sides buttons have spring sound when resting finger on them its louder than my mechanical keyboard. I would not recommend Razer products to any one.

6 hours ago, Sir_Zeke said:

Razer quality is not on par with price. I have Razer mamba wirless and is crap. Signal is lost 1m from receiver, profiles are not store on mice constant problems with profiles switching, sides buttons have spring sound when resting finger on them its louder than my mechanical keyboard. I would not recommend Razer products to any one.

Which wireless? The new 2018 one or the old one with the rgb along the side?

7 hours ago, Sir_Zeke said:

How many razer mice have you tried? better not be just mamba because it use laser sensor and had issues..at least on the older model

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

3 hours ago, Hiya! said:

How many razer mice have you tried? better not be just mamba because it use laser sensor and had issues..at least on the older model

My old logitech G700s died after 5 years of use. I was looking for a mouse that was wirless and similar shape. Mamba 2018 was my only choice and I'm very very disappointed with quality and usability. This was the most expensive mouse on market and come with so many issues. I cant recommend a products from company that have flagship models with flaws like that.

I have the new 2018 Mamba wireless and it is perfect for me. No issues whatsoever, very responsive, no perceptible latency, good range, good battery life. 

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

5 hours ago, Kalm_Traveler1 said:

I have the new 2018 Mamba wireless and it is perfect for me. No issues whatsoever, very responsive, no perceptible latency, good range, good battery life. 

Can you tell me if your mouse side buttons make a spring sound when resting finger on them and then removing?

1 hour ago, Sir_Zeke said:

Can you tell me if your mouse side buttons make a spring sound when resting finger on them and then removing?

I think that's an issue with the g703/403 not the mamba, I've experienced that issue on my g403 and 703. 

2 minutes ago, b emoji said:

I think that's an issue with the g703/403 not the mamba, I've experienced that issue on my g403 and 703. 

I have mamba 2018 and I have this issue. Its louder that my mechanical keyboard. Was just wandering if it a common thing.

6 hours ago, Sir_Zeke said:

Not that I've noticed but I'll use it today at work and let you know, if I can even hear it. Keep in mind I have Cherry MX blue and the Razer Huntsman keyboards so they are quite loud. 

*EDIT*

using it here at work now and the side buttons are exactly the same sound and volume as the main left and right click buttons

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

20 hours ago, Sir_Zeke said:

My old logitech G700s died after 5 years of use. I was looking for a mouse that was wirless and similar shape. Mamba 2018 was my only choice and I'm very very disappointed with quality and usability. This was the most expensive mouse on market and come with so many issues. I cant recommend a products from company that have flagship models with flaws like that.

What kind of flaws and issues you have with the product?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

51 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

What kind of flaws and issues you have with the product?

Lost of signal at 1m from receiver, side buttons make spring sond when resting finger on them and lifting ( not pressing the button just tuching it and lifting finger) profiles switching without resone. Side buttons of scroll, left and right not always registering. No chroma support on 1000hz only on 500hz. 

11 hours ago, Sir_Zeke said:

Lost of signal at 1m from receiver, side buttons make spring sond when resting finger on them and lifting ( not pressing the button just tuching it and lifting finger) profiles switching without resone. Side buttons of scroll, left and right not always registering. No chroma support on 1000hz only on 500hz. 

Have you return it and get a replacement? you might just receive a bad one

and who would play 1m away from their monitor? unless you're different..no one would.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

54 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Have you return it and get a replacement? you might just receive a bad one

and who would play 1m away from their monitor? unless you're different..no one would.

I think i will replace it when im back from holiday. I have 32 inch monitor and next to it 65 inch tv so when i move a bit to game on big screen im 1m from receiver.

The only reason i will replace my mouse is to get a brand new one and sell it. Never Razer product again.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Zeke said:

Never Razer product again.

image.png.d583ba1e4c64f865c202490a74e782e3.png

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

39 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

image.png.d583ba1e4c64f865c202490a74e782e3.png

I dont understand your response. This mouse was my first product from Razer and as flagship model at the time im disappointed. 

2 minutes ago, Sir_Zeke said:

I dont understand your response. This mouse was my first product from Razer and as flagship model at the time im disappointed. 

There are possibilities that you have received a faulty one..just like any other products basically from every company.

If you didn't notice, in this thread there's another member who bought one and happy with it having no issues whatsoever

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]