Something got in headphones or something broke in it??

Laniakea

I'm no audio expert but I personally consider myself as an audiophile and the problems with my headphones are just driving me crazy. Anyways idk why I mentioned that but today one more problem joined us. It sounds like some particle got in the driver and makes this I don't know how to describe it sound. At high volume and between 17 and 57 Hz frequencies. It really is annoying, you can't ignore it when you're listening to something, just musics with lyrics in it cover the distortion somewhat. I dropped my headphones hell of a times :D and I dropped it today too, and while thr left side had a decent distortion, right side now has one too. What should I do exactly? I blowed on the naked drivers if something got in it but no luck. My headphones are sony xb950ap's btw. Thanks for reading really :)) 

Dropping headphones can damage the internal magnet and the way that it moves to create the appropriate sound. If the speaker took enough of an impact to negatively effect the magnet, that could be the reason for any sort of distortion. This is usually only true for low powered headphone speakers, they don't have as strong of a magnet or glue to maintain the positioning compared to better headphones or traditional speakers.

It could alternatively be wiring, if dropping them caused any damage to the casing that may pull or twist any cabling for the speakers, then the cables would need to be inspected. Wiring is the number one cause for speaker distortion, and can even be present at only certain volumes. If the cable going into the headphones got damaged with them falling, such as the aux port still being plugged in during the fall. With headphones that are low cost as these ones, I wouldn't really invest too much time in repairing. They currently are priced at 39.99 at Best Buy.

6 hours ago, nayman898 said:

Dropping headphones can damage the internal magnet and the way that it moves to create the appropriate sound. 

To be clear, the magnet isn't what moves. It's the wire coil...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

8 hours ago, nayman898 said:

Dropping headphones can damage the internal magnet and the way that it moves to create the appropriate sound. If the speaker took enough of an impact to negatively effect the magnet, that could be the reason for any sort of distortion. This is usually only true for low powered headphone speakers, they don't have as strong of a magnet or glue to maintain the positioning compared to better headphones or traditional speakers.

It could alternatively be wiring, if dropping them caused any damage to the casing that may pull or twist any cabling for the speakers, then the cables would need to be inspected. Wiring is the number one cause for speaker distortion, and can even be present at only certain volumes. If the cable going into the headphones got damaged with them falling, such as the aux port still being plugged in during the fall. With headphones that are low cost as these ones, I wouldn't really invest too much time in repairing. They currently are priced at 39.99 at Best Buy.

They're really expensive in my country really. I've fixed the cable countless times and I can safely say it's not from cable. It's either from chase or something really broke off and fell into the coil. Yesterday after I wrote this article I opened up the headphone and removed a quite long hair from on top of the cone and distortion dropped dramatically :D gonna further clean it but Idk a proper way how to, little help will still be appreciated. Thanks :)