EK-RES X3 multiport top - leak

Small problem. I've had this loop built for a year without issues, yesterday I noticed some blue residue seaping around the fitting I have as an inlet into the resevior at the top. 

Upon googling, it seems since that it's a recessed port, it requires an adapter/extender to properly seal. 

I would like it to be black like everything else in my build, but all I can find are nickel. I found a black 8mm extender, but I'm unsure if it's what I need for a recessed port. My confusion lies in understanding what the difference is, why the extender works but the fitting doesn't, without seeing it in person. 

20181218_143703.jpg

Just make sure the extender o ring will run into the top. I know exactly what you are talking about because I tried to do the same. Ended up just sticking with the nickel ones that came with it. but if you use an extender, just make sure it bottoms out on the oring and it wont matter. 

Setup: 8700k - Asus Maximus Formula X - EVGA XCII 2080ti - 2x16GB ddr4 3000 - EVGA G3 1000w - Carbon Cablemod Cables- Custom EKWB cooling loop - phanteks enthoo luxe 2

5 minutes ago, zbryant91 said:

Just make sure the extender o ring will run into the top. I know exactly what you are talking about because I tried to do the same. Ended up just sticking with the nickel ones that came with it. but if you use an extender, just make sure it bottoms out on the oring and it wont matter. 

Mine didn't come with one, so frustrating. I'm trying to find what I need on Amazon but I have only found the nickel one in a 4 pack. Not entirely sure what I'm looking for because a lot of the pictures don't show the underside of the extender very well. 

Setup: 8700k - Asus Maximus Formula X - EVGA XCII 2080ti - 2x16GB ddr4 3000 - EVGA G3 1000w - Carbon Cablemod Cables- Custom EKWB cooling loop - phanteks enthoo luxe 2

12 minutes ago, zbryant91 said:

Unno if you linked wrong things or I didn't explain well. Those are plugs. My leak is coming from the inlet fitting on top of the resevior.  Specifically where the threads of the fitting screw into the port on top (I added a picture in first post pointing to where exactly the leak is) 

37 minutes ago, MoonFrost said:

Small problem. I've had this loop built for a year without issues, yesterday I noticed some blue residue seaping around the fitting I have as an inlet into the resevior at the top. 

Upon googling, it seems since that it's a recessed port, it requires an adapter/extender to properly seal. 

I would like it to be black like everything else in my build, but all I can find are nickel. I found a black 8mm extender, but I'm unsure if it's what I need for a recessed port. My confusion lies in understanding what the difference is, why the extender works but the fitting doesn't, without seeing it in person. 

20181218_143703.jpg

Yes you need an extender, a crude but very workable solution in this case is a sharpie.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Yes you need an extender, a crude but very workable solution in this case is a sharpie.

Will any extender work or is it a special type needed? 

Just now, MoonFrost said:

Will any extender work or is it a special type needed? 

I think yoy need the port extender specifically it sits inside the recessed port whereas a normal extender sits outside of the port and causes a leak.

10 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I think yoy need the port extender specifically it sits inside the recessed port whereas a normal extender sits outside of the port and causes a leak.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-extender-g1-4-socket-nickel

So basically that's the only option then? 

Where I'm getting confused is where is it stated that it's a port extender vs a regular one. 

Not arguing, just trying to learn. It doesn't seem obvious to me, so idk if it's bad descriptions or if I'm missing something obvious 

Apparently that's end of life too... ._. 

Unno what I need at this point

13 minutes ago, MoonFrost said:

0-

This is what you need: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-extender-g1-4-nickel

Notice that the diameter is 16.75 mm compared to normal extenders that are 18.8 mm.

43 minutes ago, MoonFrost said:

Unno if you linked wrong things or I didn't explain well. Those are plugs. My leak is coming from the inlet fitting on top of the resevior.  Specifically where the threads of the fitting screw into the port on top (I added a picture in first post pointing to where exactly the leak is) 

I see. I must've misread how you were using it. 

14 minutes ago, For Science! said:

This is what you need: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-extender-g1-4-nickel

Notice that the diameter is 16.75 mm compared to normal extenders that are 18.8 mm.

I'm starting to feel dumb. Link isn't working for me, error 404 on ekwb.com  u~u

Edit: googled it, this thing ya? 

Screenshot_20181218-154711_Chrome.jpg

23 minutes ago, MoonFrost said:

I'm starting to feel dumb. Link isn't working for me, error 404 on ekwb.com  u~u

Edit: googled it, this thing ya? 

Screenshot_20181218-154711_Chrome.jpg

Yes only this extender with diameter 16,75 mm will work on top

In order to utilize the bottom recessed ports the use of EK-Extender G1/4 - Nickel extenders is mandatory! The extenders are not included! with EK Multiport

But 2 Pieces should come with Reservoir

616170424_Anmerkung2018-12-18232057.jpg.b60513e67957a109804c4730e67aa2a7.jpg

Look at mine

IMG_20181218_231650.thumb.jpg.6612348f5923bfe710e0a71b52a8ee62.jpg

15 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

Yes only this extender with diameter 16,75 mm will work on top

In order to utilize the bottom recessed ports the use of EK-Extender G1/4 - Nickel extenders is mandatory! The extenders are not included! with EK Multiport

But 2 Pieces should come with Reservoir

616170424_Anmerkung2018-12-18232057.jpg.b60513e67957a109804c4730e67aa2a7.jpg

Look at mine

IMG_20181218_231650.thumb.jpg.6612348f5923bfe710e0a71b52a8ee62.jpg

Thanks for the Pic. Doesn't look too bad with black fittings I guess. 

Thanks for the assistance guys.