Samsung 860 evo m.2 not detecting on auros gaming ultra

Kevin Fuller

So I just bought a samsung 860 evo 1tb m.2 and I checked in the bios to see if it was detecting and it isn't detecting any NVMe or new storage device at all. I checked Tom's hardware (didn't have anything) and tried samsung's website (which didn't have anything either). I haven't owned an M.2 before so this is new ground for me, and I am trying to give my younger brother my old SSD as a Christmas present, if anyone has a solution please help QQ

EDIT: I am dumb enough to not remember to go into partitions problem solved -.-

Edited by Kevin Fuller

7 minutes ago, Kevin Fuller said:

QQ

Are you certain it's supported?

In other words, call the computer maker and ask them.

Perhaps it needs a BIOS update?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Are you certain it's supported?

In other words, call the computer maker and ask them.

Perhaps it needs a BIOS update?

When you say "computer maker" do you mean the mother board provider or like maker because I built

Just now, Kevin Fuller said:

When you say "computer maker" do you mean the mother board provider or like maker because I built

Sorry, mobo maker...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Make sure that you installed the SSD in the M2A_32G slot. The M2Q one is PCIe only. Your 860 Evo is a SATA drive.

1. 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2Q_32G)
  2. 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A_32G)

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Ultra-Gaming-rev-10#sp

Yep! The manufacturer of the motherboard, but if you post the model number of your motherboard, we can verify it from here and see if it is compatible...

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

26 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Yep! The manufacturer of the motherboard, but if you post the model number of your motherboard, we can verify it from here and see if it is compatible...

Where can I find that

It should be somewhere in the MOBO or the packaging like these examples, check their website they have several models for the AORUS GAMING: https://www.aorus.com/product-list.php?t=53

image.png.9d7b333e970116f213eb7923282493fe.png

image.png.a78e222fa802ce3e46ec26986f6176df.png

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

I checked them all and these ports are compatible with M.2 SSD type PCIe Generation 3, 4 lanes and 2 lanes and, in addition, they are also compatible with M.2 SATA type drives.

So, what I'm saying is that the problem is not the motherboard, checked your SSD on another machine and if it is not even detected in the BIOS, then you have a faulty SSD.

On 12/19/2018 at 2:21 PM, seagate_surfer said:

I checked them all and these ports are compatible with M.2 SSD type PCIe Generation 3, 4 lanes and 2 lanes and, in addition, they are also compatible with M.2 SATA type drives.

So, what I'm saying is that the problem is not the motherboard, checked your SSD on another machine and if it is not even detected in the BIOS, then you have a faulty SSD.

Alright um. I got the ssd working. New question... Why is it that when I put my pc back together my frames start high and immediately drop to the 3-7fps range

It could be for several different types of problems. First make sure you have the updated drivers, then go to device manager and disable the Intel graphic so that the machine uses the GPU at all times.