would this psu work for my build

BDMD

You don't have any PSU listed.

Either way, I'd get a Corsair CX450M or 550M as well as an Asrock B350 Pro4, it's a much better board than the PC Mate.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You don't have any PSU listed.

Either way, I'd get a Corsair CX450M or 550M as well as an Asrock B350 Pro4, it's a much better board than the PC Mate.

i posted the link to the amazon listing for the psu 

1 minute ago, BDMD said:

Nope, CX450M or 550M.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, BDMD said:

go CX 450 or CX 550, there's no reason to bother with unreviewed PSUs

Just now, 17030644 said:

go CX 450 or CX 550, there's no reason to bother with unreviewed PSUs

1 minute ago, 17030644 said:

oh no! don't buy that

alright thanks 

2 minutes ago, BDMD said:

alright thanks 

welcome, remember if the PSU doesn't have any reviews (user reviews don't count) you threat it like a BOMB

also, if the reviews aren't very good

47 minutes ago, BDMD said:

I know it's cheap but will it run ok for a 

ryzen 5 2600

16gb 3000 mhz dual channel

rx 560 4gb

msi b350 pc mate

thanks in advance

https://www.amazon.com/Apevia-ATX-RP450W-Raptor-Power-Supply/dp/B071JZBPST/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1545145051&sr=1-20&keywords=450%2Bwatt%2Bpower%2Bsupply&th=1

If you can't buy anything much better at least look for psu from at least a bit known manufacturer, like fortron rated bronze 80+ or chieftec  iarena if fortron rated for 80+ are too pricey. Any of those I mentioned will be better than the one you found. In my area chieftec iarena 400 w rated below 80+ is ~ 23 - 24 usd.  I personally would save up and get something better, there are good ones for around 40 usd, you are willing to buy for ~ 20 usd, you need 20 more, that's not very much even if you are in high school, you can earn that much. 

Edited by noxdeouroboros
additional info added.

45 minutes ago, BDMD said:

ryzen 5 2600

rx 560 4gb

msi b350 pc mate

thanks in advance

https://www.amazon.com/Apevia-ATX-RP450W-Raptor-Power-Supply/dp/B071JZBPST/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1545145051&sr=1-20&keywords=450%2Bwatt%2Bpower%2Bsupply&th=1

No, get a decent quality PSU like Be Quiet Straight Power 11, Bitfenix Formula/Whisper M, Cougar GX-F

450W is more than enough or 550W.

Don't save too much on the PSU if you want your PC to last and not have unnecessary Problems.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

If you can't buy anything much better at least look for psu from at least a bit known manufacturer, like fortron rated bronze 80+ or chieftec  iarena if fortron rated for 80+ are too pricey. Any of those I mentioned will be better than the one you found. In my area chieftec iarena 400 w rated below 80+ is ~ 23 - 24 usd.  

Even "known brands" have qualitative bad PSU in their lineup. So recommending to "go in blind" is not recommended.

Because that leads people to get blinded by the label like bitwit, who repaced a perfectly fine PSU with a worse one that lacks protection and getting this:

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Even "known brands" have qualitative bad PSU in their lineup. So recommending to "go in blind" is not recommended.

Because that leads people to get blinded by the label like bitwit, who repaced a perfectly fine PSU with a worse one that lacks protection and getting this:

I agree, but it gives him  at least a bit better chances to getting decent one. Not guarantee but a better chance. It's not his first thread about this matter, people already repeatedly recommended him good psu's and he keeps linking to shitty cheap ones, so I tried to help him within his budget.

2 hours ago, BDMD said:

ryzen 5 2600

rx 560 4gb

msi b350 pc mate

thanks in advance

No no no no no no no no no no no no......

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

why am I not surprised by this?

2 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I agree, but it gives him  at least a bit better chances to getting decent one. Not guarantee but a better chance.

going straight to the model and wattage like this gives him better chances:

Be Quiet Straight Power 11, Bitfenix Formula/Whisper M, Cougar GX-F

450W is more than enough or 550W.

10 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

why am I not surprised by this?

going straight to the model and wattage like this gives him better chances:

So he should buy that no name shit  psu if the wattage is enough? I said he should buy from a vendor that's is known, that is it. IMHO he is tiny bit better off buying cheap psu from chietec or fsp then Apevia. That is my opinion, not a fact, but my personal experience backs my opinion a bit.

3 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

So he should buy that no name shit  psu if the wattage is enough? I said he should buy from a vendor that's is known, that is it. IMHO he is tiny bit better off buying cheap psu from chietec or fsp then Apevia. That is my opinion, not a fact, but my personal experience backs my opinion a bit.

that is nowhere near what I said.

Did you actually read it?

4 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

to make things clear, I said you should go over the model and wattage, not just the brand

because most brands have shit in their portafolios anyways.

If you say the model and wattage unless the brand decides to do some dumbshit like calling two different PSUs with the same name people won't get confused.

pretty much what @Stephan Payne said

10 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

to make things clear, I said you should go over the model and wattage, not just the brand

because most brands have shit in their portafolios anyways.

If you say the model and wattage unless the brand decides to do some dumbshit like calling two different PSUs with the same name people won't get confused.

pretty much what @Stephan Payne said

I agree in general, not in this specific case of the op, he is not gonna choose wisely and will skimp on psu. 

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

I agree in general, not in this specific case of the op, he is not gonna choose wisely and will skimp on psu. 

he people want to go with bombs, there's nothing we can do

but that doesn't mean going by brand is fine

3 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

he people want to go with bombs, there's nothing we can do

but that doesn't mean going by brand is fine

Again, I agree. But if it was me, I would not  buy Apevia  one either way:) 20 percent one star rating on amazon is not great.