Alfa AWUS036NHR and Windows 10 x64

Teodor_UK

Hello friends,

I've got an issue with an Alfa AWUS036NHR wifi usb, regarding that the signals are fluctuating for all the networks that windows discovers. All the signals are not steady, they are bouncing up and down, from time to time it gets disconnected from the network, troubleshooting the problem shows that "Your connection between access point, router or cable is broken". I have tried all the drivers I could find on google, I have updated windows to the latest version and I still can't get rid of this problem. Can someone please guide me what else to do?

Honest answer? Get a better wireless card. These things are pretty old, in terms of technology and use cheapo Realtek chipsets. While they're super compatible with everything, they're not fast by any means.

If you want USB, take a look at the TP-Link Archer line, like the budget T4U (and v2) or the higher end T9UH.

If you want PCIe for a desktop, basically any wireless AC card from Asus will do. For laptops, you can't go wrong with the Intel Dual Band AC cards.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

13 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Honest answer? Get a better wireless card. These things are pretty old, in terms of technology and use cheapo Realtek chipsets. While they're super compatible with everything, they're not fast by any means.

If you want USB, take a look at the TP-Link Archer line, like the budget T4U (and v2) or the higher end T9UH.

If you want PCIe for a desktop, basically any wireless AC card from Asus will do. For laptops, you can't go wrong with the Intel Dual Band AC cards.

Totally agree.

Even if the card is for laptop get an asus (cheaper than standalone intel) pcie,  they had installes good quality intel dual band inside, just look for a review that shows what they had, and if it works for you.