Cancelled order, still shipped

RogueLizard

I cancelled my order for a Chinese motherboard because i saw one that I liked better (I liked the colors more). However, I got a notification that it still shipped.

Is this a bug on ebay or has this happened to anyone else?

According to the Federal Trade Commission it is perfectly within my jurisdiction to keep the motherboard if it arrives to my house and the company still requests payment, but I don't know if that applies internationally.

The tracking number is valid, I called FedEx to verify it earlier this morning.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

woot.JPG

Check if you actually end up recieving your refund. I personally would send the board back, even if you'd get it for free, it's just not worth the hassle

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

1 minute ago, myselfolli said:

Check if you actually end up recieving your refund. I personally would send the board back, even if you'd get it for free, it's just not worth the hassle

Oh i did, it was through paypal and I sent the money to my bank account. I withdrew it from the bank and it's in my wallet, so yes, I got the refund

Just now, RogueLizard said:

Oh i did, it was through paypal and I sent the money to my bank account. I withdrew it from the bank and it's in my wallet, so yes, I got the refund

Well, you have several options

(1) Wait to see if you get it.

(1a) If you do get it, you have several options

(a) Return it

(b) Wait for them to request it back

The moral thing to do is to send it back. But if you don't ever hear from them, then that decision is on you.

If you never hear from them, I'll buy the mobo from you, I'm in the market for one of those anyway...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'll buy the mobo from you, I'm in the market for one of those anyway...

PM me, and I'll let you know when I get it. Tracking shows the package arrived in the US this morning.

18 minutes ago, RogueLizard said:

it was through paypal

paypal can cancel and withhold past payments in any direction at any time. meaning if the seller notices this mistake paypal will remove the 102$ from the account until you send it back.

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

paypal can cancel and withhold past payments in any direction at any time. meaning if the seller notices this mistake paypal will remove the 102$ from the account until you send it back.

This would count as unordered merchandise since the order was successfully cancelled by ebay.

Take a look here:

PayPal has no right to ask for the money, and if they do, I'll throw some law at their face. My girlfriend was in law school for 12 years and has more degrees than I have fingers so if anything actually happens I can weasel my way out of it.

7 hours ago, RogueLizard said:

My girlfriend was in law school for 12 years and has more degrees than I have fingers so if anything actually happens I can weasel my way out of it.

not to be a downer but i'm sure shes a real match for PAYPALS lawyers. she'll really school them huh lol

1 minute ago, emosun said:

not to be a downer but i'm sure shes a real match for PAYPALS lawyers. she'll really school them huh lol

LOL. It's true though. Probably not easy to take down PayPals lawyers with your girlfriend who's still in school.

17 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

LOL. It's true though. Probably not easy to take down PayPals lawyers with your girlfriend who's still in school.

she graduated law school 20 years ago and has been actively practicing the whole time since

5 hours ago, RogueLizard said:

she graduated law school 20 years ago and has been actively practicing the whole time since

Good for you. Still dont stand a chance against a multimillion dollar company though. (Not in this situation as I know that it's actually not allowed)

If she practices as a lawyer, why be a jerk and keep a measly $100 board?.. If you made a mistake, you'd want your money or product back. Simply saying it's the other person's/business' fault isn't justifiable. 

I thought lawyers made good money, apparently not enough to stop from being a jerk and keeping an accidental shipment. 

But yeah, your girlfriend wouldn't be able to fight Paypal's lawyers, she would probably even tell you to just return the $100 board and not waste her time. 

On 12/18/2018 at 8:56 AM, RogueLizard said:

This would count as unordered merchandise since the order was successfully cancelled by ebay.

Take a look here:

PayPal has no right to ask for the money, and if they do, I'll throw some law at their face. My girlfriend was in law school for 12 years and has more degrees than I have fingers so if anything actually happens I can weasel my way out of it.

Unless your gf is a terrific lawyer, I wouldn't count on it. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Crap like this is why ebay should allow you to turn off the ability for customers to cancel orders.  It's not the seller's fault if they dropped it off at the post office and you cancelled the order before it got scanned in.  Send the crap back.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

* Thread cleaned again *

Please, read AND follow the Community Standards ;

Moderation & Bans

• Do not openly discuss the moderation of any content or user. If you have an issue please contact a staff member.
  • Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function. This includes responses such as "Off topic", "spam", "advertising", "status update material" etc; leave it for the mod team to handle.
  • Please be aware staff cannot see private messages unless they are reported.
  • If you have an issue with a moderator at any time, please contact an Administrator via PM: @Slick @Whiskers @colonel_mortis

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1.) No Chinese law can affect you here over that mobo, so don't worry about that.

2.) Paypal cannot force you to pay them

3.) You canceled, and they shipped anyways.  This is not your problem

4.) If you choose to ship this back, make sure you do not pay the shipping cost - again this isn't your problem.

5.) Its much more cheaper for you to keep the mobo, than the Chinese company paying to get it back

6.) Don't worry about people acting like they are virtuous and already semi-condemning you for thinking of keeping the board - do what you want to do, morals are only defined by how society feels at the time anyhow.

7.) If it was me - I now have 2 motherboards.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

29 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

1.) No Chinese law can affect you here over that mobo, so don't worry about that.

2.) Paypal cannot force you to pay them

3.) You canceled, and they shipped anyways.  This is not your problem

4.) If you choose to ship this back, make sure you do not pay the shipping cost - again this isn't your problem.

5.) Its much more cheaper for you to keep the mobo, than the Chinese company paying to get it back

6.) Don't worry about people acting like they are virtuous and already semi-condemning you for thinking of keeping the board - do what you want to do, morals are only defined by how society feels at the time anyhow.

7.) If it was me - I now have 2 motherboards.

I think I found a new best bro

thank you so much, lol.