Am I good now? Or do I need to buy even more stuff?

Xanthe_2871

After researching on my own and getting info from multiple threads here on the LTT forums I've decided to buy into Linksys' Velop system. I currently have the "tall" node hooked up to my router, with one auxiliary node connected downstairs via Ethernet and a second auxiliary node connected over the 5G wifi backhaul normally used for Velop. 

This new setup is 4x'ing my 5 GHz WiFi and adds 50% more 2.4 GHz bandwidth over my previous setup. I'm going to buy a switch to make a few more items hardwired, but I'll still have about 25-30 WiFi devices. 

Is 3 nodes sufficient for 25-30 devices? Would buying even more be a waste of money, or a valid investment into my home network?

I'd really appreciate some feedback. Everything works fine right now. A stress test with all devices streaming (music on the speakers and video on the TVs/Computers) worked just fine, so clearly my home internet connection is sufficient. It's just a concern of wireless bandwidth. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

I wouldn’t be worried about that number of clients. The more important question is, do you have coverage in all of the areas you care about?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

On 12/18/2018 at 5:04 AM, brwainer said:

I wouldn’t be worried about that number of clients. The more important question is, do you have coverage in all of the areas you care about?

Yes, the entire house is covered well. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-